Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mediums

Nauti

Ok guy's,what do you all think of mediums.My wife recently visited one as a complete sceptic but came out in a state of shock over the accuracy of what the medium was telling her.Some of the information that this lady possesed could not have been available to her by any means as far as I could see,she did not know my wife in the slightest but still knew things about her and her family that was very personal to my wife.She even knew that my Grandfarther had passed on and was looking out for my nephew who she correctly named.She also told my wife that my Grandfarther was looking out for my mom who she again correctly named.This was incredibly intruiging as my nephew has had a bit of a hard time while growing up and my mom has had a hard time trying to look out for both my nephew and niece.
I'd like to believe that what she said to my wife was genuine as it would mean my Grandfarther was still looking out for us as he did when he was with us,that is a very comforting thought.

Dude! Danger Danger, Danger!

If you want a good one page read, google up Fr Robert Altier, Spirit battle for the Soul

In which you can read the descriptions and differences of Familial Spirits...if i had any technical prowess at all, I would post the link, alas I do not. Though I am not Catholic, this is a concise write up on the subject that you might find some value in....

Departed Spirits are out there and can be contacted, many societies throughout history accept this as fact, problem is, theres all sorts of dangerous deceitful ones flying around looking for a place to land...and YOU dont want to be it! Deceitful Spirits are like an imposter that reads somebodys facebook page and then contacted that person with all sorts of alluring chatter..next thing you know, they are in your house and wont leave!.

Seems our only hope to avoid these and other traps is through the grace of Jesus Christ alone..plenty of passages that deal with the subject....

why these spiritualists are not millionaires - controlling the stock market or something ?

I think some of them can draw conclusions from one's appearance & such. But it does sound like yours had a little more info .

The Bible says beware of these people, I'll follow the Lord's ways. Steve in so la

Beware! Satan can appear as an angel of light & his evil, fallen angels know your life's history and he won't hesitate to use it against you. Steer clear of mediums. They are not of God!

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Leviticus 19:31
'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.' (NIV)
Leviticus 20:27
"Men and women among you who act as mediums or psychics must be put to death by stoning. They are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)
Deuteronomy 18:10-13
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. (NIV)

So, the mediums are not talking to the dead humans, they are communicating with deceitful demons.
As mud says 'danger danger danger'.
Also, stay clear of hypnotists.

"I pray to you Abba Father that if any words that I have typed are not Holy, I ask that these words do not permeate into the minds and souls of my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ and may every word fall dead to the ground, lifeless, if I am twisting or perverting your Holy Word and the words of the Gospel. Amen"

Neil, Mudpuppy is 100% correct. In the deliverance ministry (Matthew 10:8)we see so many people that are spiritually oppressed by familiar spirits and witchcraft spirits and it is so sad to witness. (Not to mention the people who join secret societies which can be worse at times). If you or your wife are concerned about going to this medium, and it starts to weigh heavily on your heart (God's conviction) God's love and forgiveness is simple;

Step 1: Confess going to a medium as sin to God (1John 1:9), repent for it (I.E., telling God that neither one of you will go back again Mark 6:12), forgive yourself and then ask for God's forgiveness. (Daniel 9:9)

Step 2: Verbally come out of agreement (2 Cor 6:14-17) with any spirits associated with this sin and command them to go INTO the abyss until the final days of judgement

Step 3: Destroy ANYTHING this medium has given you, even a business card (Deuteronomy 7:26). This can be considered an accursed object which can give legal permission for you to be spiritually harassed. (Before you destroy anything by fire or any other means of destroying the item, bind everything Unholy that has attached itself to the item and command all unholy spirits attached to the item that they are no longer welcome in your home and you are now casting them into the abyss until the final days of judgement).

I should have probably sent this in a PM, but the Lord put it on my heart to post it here. It is not my intent to make you or your wife feel any guilt Neil, and if either of you do from this post please accept my sincerest apologies. You are my brother in Christ and the Lord wants us to look out for one another. If you would like some specific prayers feel free to PM me or just Google "Medium Breaking Prayers" and you will get 165 million different hits. God Bless you and your family Neil and thank you for reaching out to all of us and asking us for our thoughts.

Greg

Have nothing to do with it Neil.

The above posts express the Biblical truths pretty well so I won't restate them.

This is a terribly serious business Neil, so please extricate yourself from it immeditaely.

Seek the Lord and have nothing more to do with that person.

REALIZE HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO SATAN.. THERE IS A LOT OF BIBLES OUT THERE BUT NONE IS LIKE THE NEW TESTAMENT WHICH IS THE SACRED BOOK OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION..

I can't remember seeing anywhere in the Bible where loved ones who pass on take care of and watch over us. I know a lot of people that believe that all who die become angels too. I can't find that either. For this reason I believe these people tell us warm and fuzzy things that are meant to keep us coming back. Stay clear of them.

I believe Mediums use familiar spirits used by satan, as they know some things about a person who uses that means of communication but most who have the Supernatural powers are of God and are led by His Holy Spirit, Who knows all things....I would be careful about seeing Mediums because I don't believe it would be pleasing God by not leaning on and trusting in Jesus! God's Holy Spirit is our Comforter and guides us into all truth! Amen! :angel: Ma

I have always gotten the creeps from all that stuff:mediums,fortune tellers,ouija boards.......Add talking in tongues,and faith healing......all of that has just left me with a feeling that is unsettling.......:sadwalk:.....

Steve, talking in tongues and faith healing is real and when baptized with the Holy Spirit of God, we are given power over satan and his evil demonic spirits! Read your Bible, the Book of Acts, even Jesus cast out evil spirits after water baptism and empowered with God's Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit descended upon Him like a Dove,after coming up out of the Jordan River, and empowered to begin His work to save and heal those who believed! It is real and not to believe is mocking God and His Holy Spirit! May God Bless you with everything true, so you will know Who He really is and what He can do through His faithful servants! There is false tongues and the love of money healing services, so we are to try the spirits and know the real from the fake ones! Amen! :angel: Ma

Amen Ma. 1John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

The way I "test" especially with our ministry is we say, "Will this stand as truth before Yahweh God and are you sent from the Lord (or this message)?" Now, of course a spirit can lie, but we are following scripture with the "test". I believe the Lord will handle any tomfoolery if something can be harmful to me if I've done as stated in the bible. I do this when someone gets a "word of knowledge" too. Excellent points Ma!

Greg

Thank you Bro Greg, as we have to be so careful about what is going on in this sinful world to draw us away from the absolute truth of God's Word....many will be fooled and serve satan and not even realize it, for he is the father of lies....Adam and Eve were made perfect but fell for his twisted words which were and are lies! Amen! :angel: Ma