Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Me Sov GT. neighbour Terra 70

madmax800

Hi all, not to be outdone my neighbour who has an older Sov thought he better get a new 1 to keep up with me (I Think). Anyway, he bought a new X-Terra 70. We went out today to give em a run at the beach. Its the middle of winter here, lucky to get a few people walking along the beach. Only found some trashy item, a dog tag, a phone handle. No coins or rings (bugga).
Any how, neighbour was a little disappointed , thinks the Terra was only searching a few inches deep. Any 1 here ever used both on the beach please give us a few tips. I know we will both need lots of practice.
On the Sov GT i have a lot of trouble trying to tell the difference between coins and say a beer cap. Might need a digi metre????
Also, should i get a different hum when in dry sand and a higher pitch hum in wet.

Thanks all .
Willing to ask, read, listen and practice.
PS, have been out 2 days running, gees i have a sore arm and back.

My Excalabur 1000 changes threshold hum tones (high or low) when going to wet/dry sand and I asked the minelab people about that and they said that that was normal...