Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Me and my big 6 inch

E

ewtaylor

Strapped the 6 incher to the shaft and finally went poking around. Hit a vacant lot, the city plans to make into a parking lot, and found a couple nice ones. I was sure I would find silver here, but nope, just pennies. After finding a few wheaties I dug up an Indian Head. I couldn't tell the year because of the caked on mud so I just stuffed it in my pocket and moved on. About 10 feet away I came up with a brass piece. I immediately saw "Good for 50 cents in Trade" and thought, cool, and stuffed it in my pocket. I hunted another hour or so coming away with no silver and just a little clad and another wheatie. I was a little disappointed in not finding silver but the IH satisfied me.

When I got home I soaked the IH in peroxide and rinsed the dirt off the token. To my surprise, the other side read " JF Rains- Stag Saloon- Corbin, KY". I was overjoyed. This saloon sit alongside 8 others in town near the railroad tracks. They all burned, mysteriously, in 1907. I checked the IH for a date and was even more surprised when I saw the date- 1907!!
I wasn't detecting anywhere near "saloon row" so I know they weren't lost in the fire. Just thought it was weird.

Spent fourtyfive minutes ahead of a rain hunting a well pounded site. My first time to use the six inch and got six old coins.

Seems you don’t go for nothin’...’cept for your big 6 inch!;)