Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MD 5006 China Made Detector

zeb

I'm trying to figure out what metal detector to buy and I noticed the ebay offer of the MD 5006 PRO METAL DETECTOR.

Has anyone here ever tried one of these machines or know anything about them?

Thanks

my guess would be cheap, like several others entering the market! go with a well known company! Welcome to the forum! :)

stick with the well known & proven brands. That means reliability and care should you need fixing or such. I have Fisher machines.
Also, a number of guys have been taken by ebay detector sales. Bought them and they never showed up. This certainly doesn't mean your ad is that way. Just passing along some info from the past. Good luck, Steve in so az

Those advertised using titles on eBay as 'Professional', and such are just ways of making you think they are more than they are. Scams is what I call it. Are you going to get service from a company in China? if it breaks. Doubt it. The brand names of detectors sold by American companies have a reputation they want to keep - China could careless and it is still a Communist country so why support Communism?

Ask around to see who has what detectors and who they are made by. Bet you won't find anyone who owns one bought from China - unless they are real new and don't know better.

I own 2 Garrett detectors and one Fisher. I've owned a Whites detector and Bounty Hunter. Never will I waste money of a foreign made piece of junk with catchy phrases to make me think I got something good when instead I just got ripped off.

Glad you asked - hope you asked before you spent the money.

Yes, I too am not fond of dealing with a communist country. I only wish all our American companies didn't buy most of their electronic components, coils, etc., from China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Mexico, etc. Actually, most of our detectors are at best assembled here.

I'm by nature a buy America person too but last year the only 100% American made treasure finder I could find was a shovel (cost $60).

I've been THing for 37 years now and buy mainly Fisher, Minelab, Whites, and now my newest--Tesoro.

I posted here just because I was curious about this particular 100% China made machine. I do own a China built I bought off ebay a couple years ago (different model). I purchased it for the grandkids to use while here. It's a super machine and easily matches some of the higher Fishers. I paid $65 of it new and after being dropped, abused, left out in the rain, it still can hit a silver quarter at 9 inches with no problem. My grandson has found everything from Indian cents to jewelry with it.

Anyway, I was just wondering about this particular model.

Thanks