Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe where going about this Louisville, KY thing all wrong. mybe we should help them out.................

Greg from Mi.

My responce from my email was the same as everyones else's. The last part of my email they sent me said:

which is to prohibit the practice except in
cases where a permit has been issued for research purposes by the state
archaeologist, with all artifacts being turned over to Metro Parks or
the state archaeologist, as appropriate
Maybe we should all send them boxes marked:
artifacts to be turned over to Metro Parks or
the state archaeologist, as appropriate
And send them all the pull tabs and beer tops and junk we dig so they can put them where approprate!!
Greg from Mi.

Yep Greg I got the same message I think you have a good idea there.Howard

Hope you visit often. Where ya from?
God bless.

Mike

That's a good idea, Greg, and also include all the old rusty cans and iron, dug up glass and broken bottles and whatever is found that could be called antiques.....old horshoes, mule shoes or whatever......plenty of iron pcs and junk around old homesteads and even in many parks, as the ground has always been there! But if the parks are closed to MD'ing....let them go and dig their own junky messes! :biggrin:
God Bless! Betty

You mean NYC lets you detect in the park?:hot: Maybe Louisville should take note of this. Philo do you live in NYC? I used to live in Ridgewood and Ramsey New Jersey back in the early 90's. Anyway, that was a great find. Was glad to hear that your mother is doing better. God Bless.

n/t