Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

??? Maybe a relic hurter will know what this is ????

deadheadwillie

[attachment 26145 Untitled-1.jpg][attachment 26146 Untitled-2.jpg][attachment 26147 Untitled-3.jpg][attachment 26149 Untitled-4.jpg]Please tell me what you think this is.It is made of solid copper.It has 6 equil sides.It has 3 long points and 2 shorter points on the center of the sides.It is atleast a pound of copper. Is it some kind of "caltrop"? what the hell is this thing .Its driving me crazy.[attachment 26151 Untitled-8.jpg][attachment 26152 Untitled-7.jpg]

Are there any holes in it, particularly on the ends??. I thinking it may be a corner reinforcement that is found on some trunks. If holes are present, they could be for rivets, nails, etc. to hold it to the trunk. Hope it helps.

RON(PA)

no holes ,no rivits, and someone said mabey its a corner protector for a chest of some sort,but that cant be right either it does not have any flat sides to mount against anything.

I don't think it's a caltrop like gr suggested.

I'd never even heard of a caltrop before so I looked up some pictures.

http://images.google.com/images?q=caltrop&sourceid=mozilla-search&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Tip of the hat to gr for expanding my knowledge of weird objects!

Yours doesn't look like something that could hurt a horse or pierce a tire.

Does it have a flat side or is it pointy on both sides?

Is it solid brass or is it plated?

What is that weird white gunk on it? If it's brass I would expect patina, not white gunk.

Does it look hand forged or like it came out of a mold?

I don't have a clue what the object in question is....... and I am a bonafide..... Class A Relic Hurter. There is no telling how many relics I have hurt over the years. The last one that I hurt was a Sword Sling Hook...... put a skint mark right down the side of the hook.... missed the D-ring. LOL

It's an interesting piece, all right. Someone here will come up with it.... if not already..... I guess I need to finish reading the thread.

Take care,

Kim

SoArk aint tellin' no story about being a relic hurter. I dont know how many bullets, not counting the sword hanger, he has put his mark on...d2

Don't know what that is...I say toss it into the air and call it a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object).:tongue:

Sorry about this useless post, it's just for grins.