Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe a dumb question to all you Tesorohaulics

mrm1955

I know a lot of you have multiple Tesoro's, I have 2 myself.

Which Tesoro is the best at finding Jewelry in your colection?

I am thinking I might need another one, LOL:detecting:

I think you already have the best jewelry finder, the Tiger Shark:thumbup: I find more jewelry in freshwater lakes than at any tot-lot, maybe the tots around my part of the country can't afford it!

The compadre is supposed to be amazing at small gold. That's why I ordered one today lol

Hombre said:
I think you already have the best jewelry finder, the Tiger Shark:thumbup: I find more jewelry in freshwater lakes than at any tot-lot, maybe the tots around my part of the country can't afford it!

I agree with you on the freshwater lakes being the hot spot on gold! I have a Tiger Shark also but almost always hunt shallow water with Silver uMax with CleanSweep. Tested the tiniest of ear rings found with Silver on the Tiger and they both barely pick it up at 1/2". I vote new coil - CSC!

Diggler said:
Hombre said:

I agree with you on the freshwater lakes being the hot spot on gold! I have a Tiger Shark also but almost always hunt shallow water with Silver uMax with CleanSweep. Tested the tiniest of ear rings found with Silver on the Tiger and they both barely pick it up at 1/2". I vote new coil - CSC!

I would be afraid to get my silver or any non water machine wet and ruin it. I know you can just be cautious but one misstep and you might have a wet detector:( You have both water and land covered with what you already have. I would either look for a TID unit if you want a read out or a golden umax if you want to try tones. A compadre won't break the bank and I hear it's killer in those tight spots at the play grounds. Good luck with your choice!

If it is jewelry you seek, use the Compadre on land.

It is the only detector I own right now.

Hey all y'all,,, for those of you that do happen to wet your detector in fresh or salt water, there is an immediate remedy. Don't turn it on for any reason until you have thoroughly dried it for at least a couple or 3 days AFTER the following :My Grandaughters Sidewinder was submerged by Katrina, and it was probably 2 weeks before my daughter was able to bring it out and get it to me. I figured it was a "goner" but took the face plate off and brushed the already growing fuzzy white stuff (salt crystals I suppose) off best I could then re-submerged the entire detector in a plastic trashcan of water and a goodly amount of baking soda for a couple of days. Then removed it and changed the water over to a mix of water and clorox for a re-submerge for a another couple of days. Then took it out and laid it on a piece of ply wood(off the ground) in the direct sunlight for about 3 days. Then I put it back together and turned it on. It worked fine until about 6 or so months ago when one of the knobs broke and I went ahead and sent it in for a new knob and a tuneup. I am sure Tesoro would suggest that as soon as it dries up enough to get it wrapped and sent back home to them so they could do it all proper. I just wanted to let y'all know just how tuff Tesoro's really are and not to fret so much, or feel so bad at about a water situation.Sure, It does happen, but so does other bad stuff, that can't be fixed."Be careful out there" and HH, Charlie

Personally, I like the Sabres (silver and golden) and the Vaquero for jewelry hunting. They are all very sensitive to gold. In fact, a few weeks ago, I found a 24K gold medallion which weighed in at only 0.4 gram with my Vaquero in a kid's sand pit and then last week, I got 2 14k rings (each weighed about 1.5 g) with my Golden umax underneath some trees at a local school I hunt quite often. I would qualify these ring finds as "small gold" and the pendant as "tiny gold" - so this proves to me that the Tesoros I own are definitely doing the job for me in the gold dept. I have heard some praises about the Compadre, but I would have to see one in action before I really believe it is that much better than a Vaquero for small gold. I use a Vaq with the 5.75" coil and it has gotten me plenty of small silver and gold jewelry items - I am very happy with it.

My recommendations for you would be either a Silver uMax, Golden uMax, or Vaquero for jewelry. Compadre is probably also a good choice, it's just that I haven't had the pleasure of using one yet. Also, it's really helpful to use the smaller coils for jewelry hunting - of course for big rings they don't matter, but since most gold items that I find are relatively small in size(< 3-4 g per piece), the small coil really helps to pull those small golds out of trashy spots.

Thanks,

Mark