Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MASTER HUNTER

Hi Jerry...I have the Garrett Master Hunter CX and have found lots of coins and some nice jewellery with it too. It's kind of unique, in that it has a discriminate mode and a true all metal mode too. The true all metal mode gets great depth, and will sound off on all metals, but you will still get a probability of target on the screen. You can easily flip back and forth between true all metal mode and discriminate mode with the push of a button. The true all metal mode has auto ground tracking, which keeps the machine tunes in various types of soil. The Master Hunter has a great price to it too. It is like the GTI 2500 without the Treasure Talk and Imaging. It was always Charles Garrett's favorite machine for relics.

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/products/masterhunterdata.htm

<center>

Something to think about... I have a 1.64 gram ( 25.2 grain ) iron / nickel meteorite sample ( triangular, about 1/4" across flats ). I tested 4 different detectors to see if they would be able to get a signal air testing on the Meteorite. The detectors tested were the ACE 250 with stock coil, GTP 1350 with stock coil, Tesoro Tiger Shark with 8" coil, and a 20+ year old Master Hunter 5 with 8" coil. Of the four tested, nothing I could do would get the ACE or the 1350 to hit on it at all. The Master Hunter 5 would reliably pick it up at 3", and the Tiger Shark would hit every time at 4". Moral of the story... the two machines that hit, had MANUAL ground balance, and ALL METAL mode. By the way, neither would pick it up in discriminate, and the 20 year old machine was *almost* as good as a new technology machine. I would highly recommend a Master Hunter, they are great all around machines that will let you leave "auto", and take advantage of some really nice manual features when you are ready for them. Oh yea, my avatar was my first gold ring, found in 8" of water, with the Master Hunter 5 when it was brand new.... I still use it.