Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Marl Lake Walk

Royal

[attachment 15769 cutriverM.jpg]

As I posted, getting up to Roscommon on Tuesday was miserable but I made it. I spent the rest of the day loafing around. It was still wet and rainy outside and I just figured I would take it easy and see what Wed morning would bring. The weather forecast was for some snow.

The next morning I took a drive into town for breakfast and stopped at the Canoe Resort to see the conditions on the river. I did not plan to make a run as I had to be home on Thursday to take my mother to the doctor for some tests.

Tom at the livery said that the river was clear and we spent a little time talking. He said he had made a hike over at Marl Lake and it was really a great trail. I have written posts about kayaking Marl Lake but didn

What was the temperature? I know that when I wear my snowmobile outfit, I had better not try to walk too far. It gets too warm and it is very awkward. :)

Sunny skies

M

are blessed to have a bunch of natural lakes up your way,and even if you were a bit unprepared,it beat sitting around the house.wonder what the trail would be like in the summertime?bet it would be a good park to exercise in at that time of year unless knot heads hang around when it's warmer.
i'm just guessing,but is the lake about 2,000 acres or so?

n/t

n/t

love seeing all the snow and ice clinging to the branches! You better watch out, though and be prepared. I'd hate for us to have to come up during the "spring thaw" to find your onery butt! :lol:

It is beautiful up there in the winter but I prefer the summer, spring and fall

what kind of fish are in the lake? and how big is the lake? It kinda looks like Arkansas only minus the snow and ice. Thanks for the story Royal.

Lil Brother:)

there are big bass and pike in that lake and the Cut River keeps it alive. There is not place in that lake over two feet deep but there are huge fish. Amazing. It is very mucky though. Eagles and Ospreys nest there and it is fun watching them fish

n/t

n/t

n/t

How did you like all that snow on Friday night? We got at least 10inches. But it all fell after we got up there.

As you can see with the map you can take shortcuts and avoid the cedar swamp. It is a great hike though...