Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore owners: Do i need 1?

KSDfisher77

Guys & gals that own a Manticore, how do you like it? What do you like the most about it?

Do you like & are you happy with the newest update. What's your favorite coil? Give me some feedback.

Lmao I keep telling myself I don't need a Manticore, but my want keeps telling me I need to get one.

Lol I do have a fully set up Equinox 900.

Thanks. Any & all help will be greatly appreciated.

I would get one if I could buy it with the 9” coil INSTEAD of the 11”
Thanks MuddyMo, that's kinda of the coil I'm dead set on too. But I also want the small M8 elliptical coil.

Lmao I keep telling myself I don't need a Manticore, but that Lil demon keeps twisting my arm, saying Get it Get it!!!

I keep asking myself the same question about the Legend. I like the Manticore, but I use the D2 more. That’s because I like the sounds better and the weight 'cause I am older. The ergonomics of the D2 is better. The M seems two rigid but the big screen is wonderful. It seems ridiculous the control housing size compared to the 8x5.5 coil. Clive’s tips and techniques helped me understand the M better. You need Savy to use the M cause it is feeding you lots of information that you yourself need to put together to be good with it. Watch the targets on the non ferrous line and which direction it smears and dig so you know what it is. I find a lot of nickels with the D2 but more when I use the M. I find lots of dimes with the D2 but when I go back with the M I find a lot that I missed. I often find both detectors show targets deeper than they are. I will agree you may not need it but lyao I’m glad I have it What makes u think it is funny? It is a good quality detector and finds anything and everything it’s got a learning curve just like all the others. I would rather have it than the Nox 800 after hearing all the whining about broken coil ears, leaks. I guess the 900 overcame those issues.

Thanks guys. Yeah there is a lot of good deals going around now on the Manticore. I think I need 1. Lol

I think minelab is getting ready to release something new, something along the lines of a new CTX model detector. Since the deep reduction prices on the Manticore I've been seeing.

I believe Richard is going to get me hooked up with a Manticore.

To me the best feature of the Manticore is the 2D display. 98% of my detecting in the water and the perfect dot on the center line has save me from digging several pieces of junk and digging a desirable target. Several other setting are nice, but not a necessity. It has become my first choice even over the Ecal that I have been using since 1992.
The M15 is the way to go for water hunting.

the manticore is my go to machine in water and on saltwater I do not like the antenna on the D2 but the D2 does have a spot on ID when you hit a good signal.
IMHO.
Mark.

The Manticore is really great in Iron areas. I just finished hunting an are at a freshwater beach I hunted out before. I cleaned out the coins next to the concrete wall with rebar in it. I was able to clearly hear the coins right next to the rebar and it would pop up on the 2D screen. I still use my 800 sometimes though.

I bought a legend when it came out, was watching forum on manticore and youtube, i decided i needed one about a year ago. I have the little 5x8, and i like it quite a bit. Now to sell the m6...

Thanks everybody for all the responses. I'm curious how many of you have the newest update on your manticore & how well do you like the newest update.

Thanks.