Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Man what a busy season

Royal

Mary had a procedure today and we have been at the hospital. She is doing fine and is at home but now we are awaiting the outcome and she has another operation after the first of the year.

I have always had good vision and lately, for the past year actually, I have seen a difference in my vision. Nothing drastic but I did notice it with the new camera. I just could never get the macros I wanted and the camera is much better than my old one.

I decided to to go to get tested for glasses. I am 68 and never needed them for anything but reading but now I notice a difference. It sorta sneaked up on me a bit. The optometrist did his checking and got a bit frustrated because he could not get me to see the dang letters clear. I told him no matter what he put in front of my eyes it was not clear. He got a little huffy and then I had to learn the boy what huffy was :D

He checked me and said he saw no sign of anything wrong so advised me to see an opthamologist.

I made an appointment and went Thursday morning. He ran me through the tests and said I had cataracts in both eyes. Not bad but since I had always had great vision I noticed it. He told me that what patients usually did is put up with it as long as they could and then when the night driving etc got to bothering them he did an operation on their eyes.

Well I told the boy that if they did not bother me I would not be in to see him in the first place and I wanted them operated on as soon as possible.

I get the left eye fixed on the 19th and maybe the right between the holidays. I am looking forward to it.

I can still read without glasses but it is easier with reading glasses. My distance is effecting me too, I have no real problems yet but why wait? You can not see, you can not see. He said without the cataracts my distance vision needs on correction. He said that my insurance will take care of the operation but if I want the super implants, where I would not need reading glasses either, it would cost me 3500 bucks. Well that ain'ta gonna happen. :D

I have not been able to get to the forum much lately but will try to get caught up.

Here is the operation I am gonna have.[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sng6uZEt_TQ&feature=related[/video]

but I do know that you will be happy getting back your normal eyesight. Please keep us posted on this. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

That new camera frustrated me. I know it is a good camera with good lens but I would try to get a good bug pic using manual focus and they were just never something I wanted to post. Never sharp.

It slips up on you slowly but I started noticing things that were not the same. A person like me, interested in the little things in nature, finds it harder to see a spider on a web and when I did I just could not get the focus right. I had no problem a few years ago and could not figure it out.

I am really looking forward to it:thumbup: the thought of it doesn't bother me in the least. I am just happy that they can do it

It is often very difficult to take a macro photo using manual focus because of the narrow depth of field factor. You may get better results using auto focus. Many years ago, I had a Nikon F camera that I never could get clear pictures so I sold it and bought a Minolta SR-101 camera. I always got clear, sharp pictures using the Minolta camera...suspect that I might have had a bad lense on the Nikon camera.
After your eye operation, it will be interesting to see if your pictures improve.

You may not have ever noticed, but I have a difficult time taking macro bug pictures using a digital camera...the bugs do not co-operate and I usually have to take drastic measures to get them to stay still long enough for me to take the picture. However, this spring when the bugs return, I may give it another shot and with luck may get one as good as the ones that you have taken in the past. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

My wife had the same operation last year. Major difference. Now its as sharp as can be. Her cataracts came after the macular operation for the hole in her eye. She gets checked often and our last visit to weeks ago, they said the the macular degeneration was now in both eyes and they have her on vitamins to slow up the progress but as some point she will loose her eye site. I have the cataracts also but not bad yet, just the aging process and years of welding. I will have it done when I feel I need it. My neighbor Larry is going in for his Dec 20 and I will be his eye drops person. He had the other one done last year and that went very well. It sure seems like they have it perfected. I took Jane in the morning, and she was home in the afternoon. She said it was a pretty easy operation in her opinion and well worth it. She said when she looks out of the eye with the new lens, that its blue if she covers her other eye. Larry reports the same thing. I notice mine more at night when I drive. Kind of like sparkles all over the place.

Good luck with that. I'm sure you will be please with the results.

George-Ct

This video will show you the how it works....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4ivmc

George-CT

n/t

A Chinese fellow was having trouble with his vision and saw a Chinese Opthamologist who after examing his eyes said, ahh yes, i see you have cataract, no said the patient, i have rincon!

from the procedure and everything goes well next year.a friend who is 50 had a cataract removed,it was night and day for him,he'll have to get the right one done sometime too.i hear everyone gets them sooner or later if they live long enough,i see you've made a passing grade:biggrin:.hope all goes well on the 19th:thumbup:.

This getting old is kinda for the birds at times. But , when we consider the alternative.......

Take care bud!!

Fair winds, calm seas

Mikie

I had my left eye done a year ago and sometime in the future will need the right one done. Have a plastic lens implant and need glasses. I have one that focuses at about 15 feet. I may get a closer one when I do the other so I won't need reading glasses. Hope Mary's procedure went OK and she feels better soon!

Dave

I am looking forward to it actually:thumbup: