Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Making Prayer a Personal Priority :angel:

SeniorSeeker

Making Prayer a Personal Priority :angel:

Matthew 14:23

Some people load their days with activities, clutter their calendars with appointments and fill the air with music

Thanks and I need to do that more often, as I am guilty, too, of not putting talking with God first into my day or night! Being alone with God in prayer is the best place to be....I know because I used to do that along with reading and studying God's Word to show myself approved as a workman of Him! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma

If I want some solitude I go to my local church.It was built in the 1200's and you can almost get a sense of all those that have used it to be closer to God over the centuries.It nestles in a valley close to the sea in an area of outstanding natural beauty.When I go there I sit on a bench within the graveyard and the sense of peace I get is so comforting,it allows me to focus on all the things that are important in life without the distractions of modern society.Having time like this is so important for everyone,the problem is very few people actually take the time to reflect on their lives because they are too involved in unimportant things.

So you so right Martin. About two years ago I began keeping my radio off in the car on my way to work and although I'm driving, I just talk to my Dad. I pray for my family, thank him for my Blessings, ask him to hear my prayers of Peace and Grace. That half hour of alone time helps me a lot in the morning and gets my mind in a peaceful place before I get into work.

Thank you for reminding us all of the need for quiet time with the Lord. I need to work on it with the kids now and I appreciate the reminder. Nicely spoken my friend.

Greg