Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Making jewelry

steve in so la

Using some of your finds to make jewelry isn't all that hard. Especially if you have a few tools like small files, a jeweler's saw, propane torch, etc.
Here are 2 sterling rings that are made from silverware I dug. being silver they are easy to bend. Cut the length you need and bend, silver solder the ends or just leave them touching.

StevespicsfromShutterfly340.jpg

Here's a silver spoon bowl I sawed out. Probably one needs to take an evening class on silversmithing to make some things. Basically, you cut out the design and mount the stone & chain holder.

silverspoon.jpg

I dug a thin sterling bracelet, cut it into 3 pieces and made a matching ring & ear rings.

earringfrombracelet.jpg

Lastly, heres one any one can make. I dug a couple sterling beads in a volley ball court and continued to dig all of them. Then I strung them , went to a jewelry store and bought a bunch of "jet" beads & strung them up as seen. I had enough length on the necklace to also make a set of matching ear rings.

VBbeads.jpg

So with winter coming on why not think about making some jewelry items for presents . And maybe look into a community college that offers evening classes on jewelry and rock cutting/polishing. Steve in so la

Very nice Steve, I like the one with Nancy's name! You do great jewelry work besides doing great in finding the gold and silver and jewels while detecting: No dull moments for you, Steve! God's continued blessings to you both! Amen! :angel: Ma

I would like to give it a try!

That is a great talent. I have always thought homemade jewelry was really cool.

Wow! Indeed what a great post. You are so talented and so creative. Nice job Steve. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family.