Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makeshift Target Probe

Sgt. Silverman

I've been eyeing a park with 4 baseball fields now for a month. TONS of people go here but it's pretty deserted until about 9 on Sat. mornings so I'm going to go for a couple of hours. I haven't set out to just go after clad this year so this is my chance. The only drawback is the grounds are pretty nice. Lesche tool = no no here. So I know a bunch of guys use screwdrivers as probes and I just can't bring myself to do it. So out in the garage I went.... and this is what I whipped out in 2 minutes.

We have about 10 plastic tent pegs and I took my belt sander with 34 grit sand paper (basically 6 rocks glued to some paper) and ground it almost flush to the point. The tent peg already has the flat top so it's easy enough to palm without it hurting after try #3. I tested it out in the yard and got about 6" without having to press down at all so it should work in a pinch tomorrow. The soft plastic nose won't scratch any good items, and the notched "V" can double as a pry to slowly pry out more shallow targets. Not sure if anyone has thought of this, but I'm going to give a whirl.

Thanks for looking and God Bless.

a small shovel to go for the deeper ones being sure to not leave a hole or a mess! Loved :detecting: sure hope to do it again when my sister and I are together! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Cool idea :thumbup: