Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Make room for a new CZ-20 user..any tips

Roman44

I have used other underwater detectors for several years, mainly the Excalibur. Now I finally got my hands on the prized Fisher CZ-20. I just won it and is being shipped. It is the original CZ-20. My friends have used them, but I have not. I will read the manual several times, but any tips please send my way.

Wow, thanks for the tips. I guess I will ask the Minelab excal forum about the cz-20 , they show some signs of life.

Hey Roman44,
Congrats on winning a CZ20. Pretty good prize.

There is plenty of experience that gets shared on this forum, just maybe not as many posts as some of the others. Some real good people here.

Try using some of the search tools and search for variations of CZ 20, CZ-20, CZ20 in this forum and you will find plenty of reading material.

The manual is a great place to start. Ground balance it over the type of ground you are hunting over. If you start over dirt or dry sand, ground balance it again when you get over wet sand. If you go in the water, balancing over the wet sand nearest the water should do what you need.

I'd start with sensitivity at the preset mark or maybe one number higher until you get used to the CZ. Cranking up the sensitivity can make it false a lot. You don't need it falsing to get good depth. Volume, set where it's comfortable. Don't work it too fast. Have heard it's faster than an Excal, but from most of the Excal users I have watched hunting, I would not swing the coil faster than I've seen most of the Excal users doing. Too fast a sweep may increase falsing and may not respond to deeper targets.

Run discrimination at the 0 mark and listen to all three tones. For low tones (iron) that break high tone; slow the sweep down, real slow, right over the target. If it then stays low tone, it is pretty certain to be iron. If it still bounces, dig it. Any low tone to mid tone bounce, dig. Deeper targets tend to average down the conductivity range some.

Can play in autotune (what they call the all metal mode). In autotune, you can take the sensitivity up more; just remember to take it back down if you switch back to discriminate mode.

Dig every target until you get a good feel for detector.

Go try it out and come back with observations and questions.

CZ's do a pretty good job. Fairly easy to learn, but like any detector, it takes time to find how to get the best out of it.
Cheers,
tvr

thank you, good advice. I am very anxious to use this machine. It is now in the 50's in MI and the snow is gone. Hate the Winters. I can only do research, with no detecting. Thanks again, will post my progress and finds.