Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Magic's Program

Big "D"

I read about several people using "Magic's Program" but I'm unable to find it. Could someone please direct me? Many Thanks

Here is Magic's program.

Let me start by saying that this program is not for everyone. It will find the deepest targets and also is very informative as to what is in the ground around everything.

RX gain 10 to start and adjust from there
TX boost off
Disc. 88-93
All metal 70

DISCRIMINATION
Bottle cap reject off
Hot rock off
Reject -95 to -89
Accept -88 to +94
Reject +95
(if your ground phases into the -80s you will want to reject down into the -80 range.)

TONES
I set these tones to my liking and you may want to put in your own. I use higher tones for good targets that I look for. (Example...51 to 54 is Indian penny range so it gets a higher tone) I use the 5 tone on the iron range to tell where the iron is and it sounds like a ticking sound. Some people like this while others don't. I like to know whats in the ground. The more info the better for me!)

-95 to -6 5
-5 to -1 50
0 to +9 150
+10 to +12 165
+13 to +17 175
+18 to +22 225
+23 to +29 175
+30 to +39 190
+40 to +49 200
+50 210
+51 to +54 225
+55 to +59 210
+60 to +67 220
+68 to +89 250
+90 to +94 255

I use three frequency in Best data
I use lock trac with a offset of +1 and ground balance every 20 minutes or so
(Watch the arrows while ground balancing and wait until they start to switch back and forth left to right before releasing.)

5 band filter. (Adjust for your ground)
Recovery speed. 50 to 100 range
( I usually hunt at 65 until I know the area, If its trashy I go to 50, if moderate I hunt at 60 to 75, and for no trash and deep I go to 80 to 100. On some rare occasions I have hunt at 120 with good results in a almost no target type field.)

I use intensity base threshold of 70
Fade rate at 4
(These are just personal preference and do not effect depth)

If you have any question about this program, please feel free to send me a PM.
This program is what I use 90% of the time and I have hit coins in the 12-14 inch range in my ground.

Note.. If hitting on a really deep target, it may be necessary to turn up your all metal to 80 to 90 in order to pinpoint on the target.

Other points of interest....
When I get that good quick hit like silver and its deep, if you move to a 45 degree angle and go around the object and you get alot of ticking noise (iron range) it is a nail almost every time. Unless its a good target in with a nail..
That is up to you to decide.

Remember the best discrimination is your digger!