Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made it to the WaterSkip today. Perfect day for it.

George-CT

80 degrees, light breeze. Jane and I had a great spot except when they decided we were to dry and would swing over about 3 feet from us. Great crowd and good racing. Folks came from all over, NH, NY, VT, PA, MA and CT. The NY guys are really into and put on a great race, yet more than willing to help new people in it get up to speed at the entry level. After that, your on your own.

Jane and I had a spot where it narrows up and comes between and island. Not a lot of room there so keeps it interesting as just as they passed us, there was a sharp left around the island near a jump.

Pic #1 is right off the start line. One six foot section of sand to take off on, and they are up and running.

Pic #2 they are coming out of a fast section of the lake behind the island. They try to keep it tight around the island to shorten up the track and gain on one another.

Pic #3 You can get and idea how fast they are moving from the wake, or lake of.

Pic#4 I like this shot and it was good racing all the way.

Pic #5 There is a guy just out of site here that swung wide and is about to drown me.... LOL

Pic#6 This guy clipped the jump and got sideways and was underwater in a second.

There were women racing in these also and they did a great job. One was very good and won most of her races.
Fun day, I'll finish up in the next batch...

George-CT

We like this spot as it forced them close to us, but it got damp from time to time, depending on the clown at the helm. He came over later and says, you guys are a glutten for punishment. Hey, nice weather and it adds to the fun.

Pic #1 Just as clown #1 here gets buy us, he swings hard left and we get wet, but the guy you can't see behind him did an even better job on us. My son and his girlfriend were cracking up.

Pic #2 Here is one being pulled up by the retriever boat called U-dunk-it.... This one is better than the old one we had. We can get two on this and did quite a bit today.

Pic #3 Some of the rigs on sure drying out.

Pic #4 Here is 2 of them on board. These to guys were bumping each other and the corner and both went under....

Pic#5 Shows you the running gear underneath. Snow or water, it seems happy.

Pic#6 Just more of the rigs and the young guys running them.

Fun day for sure. We drew a ton of road bikes also. They were having a ball there and really enjoyed it.... We got out of there at dusk, and they still wanted more. They were taking some of them for rides double. There they would just run the drag race route, flat out until you hit the other shoreline, turn around and run back.... The lighter women they were taking them around the island etc.

For sure, fun was had by all.

George-CT

Do they win prizes and trophys or what? Were you tempted to ride one? Looking forward to the next batch. Thanks for sharing these pictures with the forum...I have never seen anything like this. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I would think that the water would damage the electrical system and the motor if water got to them. This is a sport that I have never heard about, but that may because we never get snow down here...no snow, no snow mobile. You folks sure do some interesting things up there where you live. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

also had a run off race from Upstate New York and the grand prize was a 440cc snowmobile. I used to race them here about 12 years ago. Actually I liked the mud runs better. We have had a few at our dirt bike club also in the spring time. We just doze a trough, fill it with water, let the club muck it up good with 4x4 quads, jeeps, trucks. Fun stuff. The guy who owns the land and pond is a good friend of mine and we used to race Hare Scrambles together. He has a nasty six mile loop or river crossings, nasty rocks, big swamp crossings, and two great waterskips on motorcycles if you can carry enough speed and keep it straight. My son Andy and I used to love that section of the course and would go up there about once a week to play on it. Not sure how much longer that whole setup will be available. His daughter hates dirt bikers and says when he passes away she will not let any of the clubs lease the course anymore. He is trying to talk sense to her but not sure how he is doing.

This is 200 acres of land not much good for anything else except what Fran made of it. He was a die hard enduro, hare scramble rider till his hips gave out. But he still loves watching it and being around it just as I do. I would have taken one today on a straight run. Parts of it were like glass towards the end of the day. These things are loud.... All 2 strokes, tuned exhaust.....I had ear plugs as I need to protect what I have left for hearing.

George-CT

so modifications are in your best interest. Silicone where you can to seal stuff, duck tape, and major addition, is a kill switch. You don't want it running when it goes under if you can prevent it. Often if will hydraulic and bend stuff up etc. Even so it takes water in the exhaust. 2 strokes are pretty simple engine and usually you can have them running pretty fast. Most of these you see in the pictures on the U-dunk-it were running in 5 minutes or so.... You would not want to do this with your daily sled, but these are set up for this and if they die, well, they die, build another one up.

I saw in Florida Fred they have these big swamp buggies. They run them in shallow water etc, lots of mud etc. Do they have them in your area? Tell ya, most of the guys I hung with, looked like they hated Henry Ford and just wanted to destroy engines or so it seemed.
they all wanted all the power out of them they could get, used them for things never intended to be used that way and laugh all the way to the parts store or junk yard to get more parts....

Geo

n/t

on those patches of open water between the iced areas like we did:biggrin: Nah that was stoopid:lol:
Great pics!

they are a cross between a Blackberry and a Raspberry. Longer and thicker than a Raspberry, darker red and a bit more tart but delicious!
These are not quite ripe yet and will get darker.

n/t

what kind of speeds do they get on the water? What kind of job do these kids have to afford dunking those things?:surprised:

Most of these were entire family's. they all ride summer and winter. I assume many just look for deals on used ones, or bring a blow one back to life just so you can kill it again doing this. All of them were into working on them. Not a lot of choice actually. These are under water in a flash. Most had the kill switch right on their wrist so it was not still running when it went under. All had nice trucks and trailers an a full work shop in them or close to it. Money didn't seem to be a problem. All seemed to have sponsors also. They run a big circuit and stay busy all summer. Got to be a lot of them up were you are unless they have restrictions on the lakes for them. This was in a big private pond....

Geo

The guys were goofing on the girls a lot. All of the girls racing were very easy on the eyes. I notice all where tiny and figure they had the weight thingy figured out to get that sled moving faster and easier and stay that way. One of them is the one that drown me. Good little racer. The crowd that follows them is a fun group also. They keep them all cranked up and out doing the others for most anything.

2 of the guys were doing the wig thing and clowning around. Even if they were completely wasted you would not be mistaken. They were guys having fun.

This coming weekend, on Saturday we have a SuperMoto here at Stafford Springs Raceway. Should be a good time also if the weather holds. Right now they are calling for rain...This is being put on by a friend of mine and pro racer, Doug Henry.

George

n/t