Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Macro bug photo.............

Kelley (Texas)

Tried many times this afternoon to get a good macro bug picture...same old problem in that they will not stay put while I try to take their picture. I found a toad frog, but before I could take a macro picture of it, the dog grabbed it. I chased the dog and when I finally freed the toad frog, it went under the patio deck. It was out of reach of the rake so I tried to flush it out from under the deck with the water hose. I finally gave up on that toad frog and decided to take a short break and regroup, gotta be a better way of doing this. It came to me in a flash, I had the perfect solution to the problem. Curiosity got the best of Debbie and she came outside to see what I was doing...that woman can smell blood when I try to do something that is not quite on the up and up. It is extremely distracting listening to her laugh while I am doing my best to take a macro bug picture. Folks, here is the bug picture...I did what I had to do to get a macro bug picture, maybe bent the rules just a tab. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 108578 MacroBugPicture10-24-08.jpg]

If you want oa good shot, just come on up, get up early in the morning when it is still below freezing and get any bug and take a shot.. When they are that cold, they do not move.. :):

calm seas

Mikie

Unfortunately, I have never been able to take one that is even remotely close to his standards. I would think that there would not be very many bugs up there where you live because of the cold weather, but you say that this is not true? Did Royal take any macro bug pictures when he made a visit to you folks? Also, have you seen any bears or mountain lions lately?

Mike, you never make mention of Alice and her knee...is it now fully healed? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

has totally worn out and she will be going for a replacement sometime in the next 2 months. If that works as well as the last one, this should be the last of her various body and joint replacement. :)

I will keep you posted as the news comes. I did say funny in the topic because her doctor himself called {from Vancouver] to confirm the procedure and specifics thereof, on Friday. [yesterday]

Calm seas

Mikie