Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 vs Vision

I'm considering an upgrade from my m6 to the vision too. How does performance on deep coins compare? (assuming soil, moisture, etc are all equal)

I have a Matrix M6 and a Vision and I just sold my XLT so that I could buy the Vision. I'm not sure what you mean by running smoother than the M6 because the M6 is a very good machine in my opinion. I bought the M6 a couple of years ago, and it's been a great detector. It has great ground balancing, it's easy to use, and in my opinion has all of the major features that I need without some of the bells and whistles that are nice, but aren't really "needed." Also, the M6 is really the ultimate "turn on and go" machine. I invite people to detect with my all the time that have never used a metal detector, and they become comfortable with my M6 very quickly.

I've had the Vision for a week and a half now, and it's been growing on me. When I first started using my Vision, I was using it with the stock 10" DD coil, and I was having some serious problems with false signals on every swing unless I turned the sensitivity way down (to level 1 or 2). Since then, I've tried it with my 4x6", 5.3", and Super 12 coils, and those coils seem to produce a much "smoother" signal, with better ground balancing and fewer false signals. Maybe I have a bad 10" coil. I'll be working with my Whites dealer to compare my Vision with the 10" coil to his. Old foundations and peoples' yards are where I like to detect, which are generally very trashy areas. I don't detect parks, and I'm guessing that the 10" coil may perform better in less trashy areas like that (unless it's a trashy park).

It's difficult to compare the two detectors depth sensitivity without burying coins at different depths and then swinging both detectors over them. However, most of the coins I have found with the M6 were 6" or less, and so far it seems like the Vision can detect a little deeper. That's with the factory default settings. I suspect that when I'm comfortable enough to start adjusting some of the settings, I'll be able to go even deeper. I've been using the coin and jewelry program almost exclusively so far.

If you are thinking about upgrading to the Vision, I would strongly suggest trying to find someone that owns one that will let you try it first, so that you can compare the two machines. The Vision is over twice the price of the M6, and although the additional features (and possible depth) are very nice to have, it won't be worth the premium price for everyone.

I'd be happy to take anyone living near Albany, NY detecting with me if they'd like to try out the Vison (or M6).

Good luck with your decision, and let me know if you have any other M6-Vision questions.