Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 OPINIONS

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/cosmicgold/?action=view&current=c93566d9.pbw

Jerry, I just purchased my first MD an M6 and I like it. I can't compare to other models but it has worked well for me here in Illinois and when I took it to the Florida beaches. I have the standard coild and 6x10DD. I have mainly found clad but do have two silvers so far...63 dime and 61 half dollar.
My only complaint, so far is getting time (wife and kids) to get out more. I search mainly with tone ID to better understand my machine but overall, I am happy.
Lambo

In my opinion the M6 is hard to beat. I have owned Tesoro, Minelab and Fisher as well as a Whites XLT and I perfer the M6 before any of the others. It is easy to use, the ground tracking is top notch, it goes real deep, the 7 tones are nice in trash and it is hot on gold. Just my opinion.

Hey Jerry, I bought an M6 in february and really love it.This machine is very professional looking and is well balanced.I like the choice of single tone or 7 tone mode for different hunting situations.The ID is very accurate when it locks on a target.I have already found two gold rings,a nice fake ring and about fifty dollars in clad.I recommend that you get a small coil for the trashy places like picnic areas.I bought the 5.3 elipse coil and like it real well.If you get one I hope you have the luck I have had and like it as much as I do. HH BOB

n/t

Hi!
I had my M6 for a year and just traded it for a X70. Not because I wasn't happy with the M6. I just like to learn about different detectors.
The M6 is a fantastic detector. Simple to use and be prepared to dig deep. I loved the 7-tone while coin shooting.
Listen for those repetable faint high ones.

They say the M-6 is a Vacuum on the beaches and does quite well. I spent the extra $100.00 and got the MXT:thumbup:

I just sold mine to fund a solar telescope purchase and I'll have no qualms about getting another one. It almost replaced my Golden MM. First machine I've ever been able to say that about :yikes: If Jimmy ever gets a Bigfoot coil to fully function with one it will knock my Golden off it's most favored place in my machine listing. Got my finger's crossed that will happen some day anyway.

If you haven't used or handled one here is what you can expect.

*The meter pod is going to be bigger than you anticipated. And its going to be easy to read.
*The bar graph does more than you will first expect. Not only does a signal respond horizontally but it also responds with a vertical response for certain signals.
*Discrimination is good enough to fine tune fairly close to a specific number if you have a target to set it with.
*VDI discrimination number display is set for the 6kHz numbers. (This is about the only thing I really disliked about the M6)
*The audio is very robust. I read earlier where someone likened the audio to a car horn. It's true. There are some similarities. On one hunt my headphones gave out (intermediate short in the cord that finally gave up the ghost) so I completed the hunt without headphones. The thing caused echo's. Seriously. Echos.
*Ground balance and ground tracking is simple and worked well in my highly magnetic and hot ground.
*You can actually hear the signal gain amplifiers cut on and off as you raise or lower the sens setting. I thought this was terrific and wish more machines did it.
*It is a little heavy with the stock coil. Perfect balance with the 6x10DD.
*Pinpoint works as good as any of the E-series machines.
*The 7 tone mode is perfect for coin hunting. That high tone really really stands out.
*Response speed with stock coil was acceptable. Better than the Xterra with a stock coil. The DD coil improved it of course.
*Very nice response to both coins and small jewelry items. Really small conductors would go down as far as -28 so if you are after small gold, use something like a bobbie pin to set your disc.

Things to watch for:

*When you put your arm into or out of the armstrap you can sometime hit your sens knob or ground balance toggle. If you hear your audio soften or get noisy, you've accidentally moved your sens setting. If your VDI number go squirrely, check your gb toggle.
*When using the tone mode (trigger forward) and you pinpoint and retrieve a target, don't forget to push the trigger forward or you pass over a lot of ground listening for a high tone that will never come :wacko: Be sure to switch back into the Tone ID mode or you'll be repeating a lot of ground twice :wacko:

Overall I found the M6 to be a very fun and capable detector. It actually tempted me to go Whites all the way.

HH

Mike