Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 and swing speed?

ccfl

I was strongly leaning on purchaseing an M6, however after checking out the manual online, I noticed that it suggests using a swing speed of 1 second per foot. This seems excesssively slow to me, but then again, I'm new to this. Is the slow swing speed just a trade-off for good discrimination and depth or something else? Thanks for your time.

Ccfl

when im in the tone i.d mode i find i have to swing it fast or it wont beep and in reg mode i can swing fast it picks stuff up really good ive only had mine a month so im no expert but ive been getting out alot

Thanks Gunnar, I'm hoping that the slow 1 foot per second swing speed is just applicable to the "Quick start" mode. I've read a few of your posts on here and value your opinion.

ccfl

deliberate sweep of about 2' per second. Thus, a nice, straight side-to-side sweep of about 4' takes about two (2) seconds.

Can you sweep the M6 faster than that? certainly you can ... but if you're in a very trashy site, or if you're hunting in a very mineralized area, you will lose performance if you sweep too quickly, and I refer to the shallower coins in the 2"-4" range as well as the deeper targets.

Don't sweep too slowly, and don't go too fast. The more you use the M6, MXT or any other make/model in actual field hunting the more you'll come to appreciate what they can and can't do based upon a proper or improper sweep speed.

Happy Hunting,

Monte

I hunt in tone mode, usually. You can move very quickly with this unit. Any target will make it chirp even going fast in either of the three modes. Just don't expect a good VDI reading until you slow it down to analyse the target. Coins at 8" in my test bed will not hide no matter how fast I reasonably swing my machine. By reasonably I mean not like I am driving a golf ball. :)