Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lucky-By Orlando

Royal

where I live there is a mountain on the North side of city.It's called Grouse mountain once in awhile hikers will see them,no hunting them I think, too many folks hiking around.

I have one of my best memmories on that mountain.IT was many summers ago,I packed my lunch and with my best friend beside me we hiked up to the headwaters of our local river.My best friend was "Lucky" a full grown German Shepherd around 4 years old and smart as a whip.

The day was wonderfull,we both enjoyed walking up and along the river,every once in awhile I let Lucky frolic in the river pools.I often saw a rainbow trout glistening in the rapids.Also a few frogs which were strange critters for my dog to play and chase.

Well we made it pretty well all the way up to the headwaters,along the journey up we came across many abandoned logging trailers,also parts of the old mill site.Also a few fragments of pottery used by the pioneer loggers.

It was a day that I truly treasure,I also remember how we had too take refuge under a huge cedar tree to avoid a torrential downpour.It only lasted a short time,both Lucky and I under the tree.As I stood under the tree I looked at the dog and knew it was a wonderfull pet.It brought new friends to me and made me closer to my Dad.

The reason I truly treasure that day is well a few days later I lost that most wonderfull dog.When I see Art's dogs on the forum ,I often think of my best friend "Lucky". ojm

[attachment 16400 Lucky.jpg]

I thought I would move it up here. We never forget out dogs do we. I do not have one now and probably never will have another because of my lifestyle but I miss every dog I ever had. Penny, Speck, Daisy, Tammy, Duke and Skuddles.

I would love to see any pictures of the area where you live, as I am sure others would.

Thanks for the post and the picture of Lucky. I think you both were lucky to have had eachother as friends:super:

i treasure the few pics i have of my favorite dog!
I used to live in North Van when i was a kid. In one of the old wartime housing units between Mosquito and McCaully creeks. That would have been from about 1948-1951, then we moved to Victoria.
It was a great place for a kid to grow up, like you said, lots of trout in the creeks and room to roam.
Wayne

orlando,glad he brought closer to your dad.though i like pets,i try not to keep them,i just get attached to them and hate it when the go,by whatever means.my best pet as a kid was named lucky,he was an old tom cat,when the time of year came for cats to reproduce,he would wander off for a couple of weeks and i would look all over for him.

i named him lucky because he wandered up as a kitten and one day he climbed up into the attic when we had the entry open and laid himself down on a attic fan blade.my brother turned the attic fan on and his legs plopped through the louvers that open and the blade popped him on the head on it's way by.

my brother thought he was going to die so he was going to bust him in the head with a big boxed end wrench to put him out of his misery but i convinced him not to and he came around later on that day and hence the name lucky.

he was run over on the road next to our house,guess his name didn't hold up,but he was a good pet,i doctored him many times when he was a young tom and the bigger ones would come around and kick his butt.he soon become king tom,and enjoyed relative peace.

n/t

you know how it is when your a kid,pets come and go.don't know what it would have been like to have a family pet around for most of your time growing up and then have it die.i guess it's like other things,you become a teenager and your interests change and then you neglect the pet as far as attention goes because your doing something else.

i hate to admit it but before i got up in my late teens i'd visit my granddad pretty regular and then i got busy with my stuff and i didn't visit him much and then he was gone.my mom would always pester me to go see him and i would sometimes,she would say you don't know how long he'll be around.:shrug:

that ol' cat use to wake me every morning for awhile by kneading my head with his claws to get me up and feed him.

of your pet! My dog drives me nuts, but I know I will really miss her! She's seven years old, getting a bit gray around the mouth, but still makes us laugh at some of the goofy things she does! Thanks for posting! :)

and it shows that you have feelings for your friends. I can tell that you and Lucky were best friends. Thanks for sharing. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t