Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loving my new Explorer

dirtfishing

After 15 years as a White's user, I finally bought myself an Explorer ll. Today was my first hunt with it, and I'm now a true believer. I only got out for about two hours because of the Rain, but I found a 1948 Rosie, 1937 Merc, 1944 20 Centavo Phiilipines Coin, heavy Silver Scarab Ring, and two wheats. The 20 Centavo Coin was about 10 inches deep, and angled about 45 degrees. I was impressed by the depth, but what really impressed me was finding metal trash in the hole above the Merc and the Centavo. My XLT would have missed those. This thing really seems to seperate close targets better also. I can only imagine how dangerous this thing will be once I really learn how to tweak it. I'll keep the XLT for a backup, but it may be awhile before it gets turned on again.............Happy Hunting.

I used a xlt for over 10 years but got a Explorer II two years ago.I've been back to alot of my old sites and found goody's at all of them.I still hit sites with the xlt,but go back with the Explorer II, slow down and get the deep stuff.If there deep and maybe iffy DIG THEM,some times the good stuff don't sound that good but I'll got some good stuff that sounded iffy but deep.

welcome to the dark side of detecting and once you fully learn the machine then you will begin to learn about the explorer black arts tricks and then....wooohooo the finds just keep comin.....in the mean time take it to ALL the places you detected before with your other machine that you thought was cleaned out and see what you might have left behind :cheers:

or ship it to me, hehehe ....I'll take really good care of it her as I've never tested the XLT yet! Yea, brother your gonna love that explorer II. I've used a lot of detectors, nd the minelab has been the most fun, and the deepest yet,!

KCK/Ohio

Stopped back by the same park for 30 minutes today at Superbowl Halftime, and got a 59 Rosie, and a Wheat....................Love the machine, only complaint is it's like swinging a boat anchor around compared to the XLT...........my arm hurts!!

Dirt. I know where your coming from. I bought one of the first XLT's back in the early 90's and still have it. MY WIFE USES IT NOW:lmfao:. I tried cz7a and a DFX along the way and stuck with the XLT because it was as good as the best or the best until the EXII came along. I bought the DFX and CZ thinking they would be deeper machines and sold them both when they proved they were not. Once you learn what those deep coins sound like on an explorer you will NEVER put the machine down again.

[quote tab-nabit]At halftime - that's dedication...[/quote]Damn-Skippy that's dedication, luckily the Silver Mine is only two blocks away.

I was trying the strap yesterday after my arm was already tired. It seemed to help some--though it's kind of irritating to fit the snap in (at least with a coat on).

Most new Explorers don't know this fact. To eliminate arm fatigue you need to shorten up the length of the rod so your arm is NOT bent at the elbow. It may seem ackward at first especially after using the White's for so long. You will see that now with your arm straight you are hunting with the coil closer to your feet, and moving SLOWER which is how you need to move with an Explorer. Try it and you will be able to hunt for as long as you like without feeling the weight of the machine.