Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

love hate relationship 1817 house!

C

calabash digger

[attachment 331134 DSCN1052.JPG][attachment 331135 DSCN1055.JPG][attachment 331136 DSCN1056.JPG][attachment 331137 DSCN1057.JPG]This site just refuses to give anything up much,ive hunted it a 100 hours or more and ive got 2 flat buttons,a 1902 barber quarter,and a small eagle cuff button that was found while trenching. The problem is the trash the house was lived in up until the 1990s and there is a 50 yard perimeter of it around the house it sounds like a machine gun going off everytime you move the coil. I know something good has to be here there are way to many non ferrous targets in the ground for it to have been hunted much but those targets are just modern trash and old pieces of copper and such.Anyone had a site like this before? I am a trash hunter but this place takes the cake any suggestions?

The more trash you remove the better chances of removing some items that are masking deep keepers. Have you tried a smaller coil with better separation? Also some great looking places sometimes don't give up much. Maybe the folks had no kids or didn't have much to lose? Either way keep at it, has to be something hiding there.

If the place has good finds then you will get them - if you keep at it. I have done a couple baseball fields in the past and while it is long & tiring it did produce. I pretty much dig it all - go only on sounds, no meters, etc.
Or maybe if you have put in 100 hours there then it might be done.

Steve in so la

What I did many times in really trashy ground was using more discrimination and my 1994 White's XLT was good at pulling out the silver and coins even with the discrimination, but I also many times, by knowing there were coins under all the trash, I would detect and dig smaller areas by removing the trash to find maybe the smaller and older coins and sometimes even a nice silver half or quarter! So many times the trash nulls the silver and etc.....but if you really go slow and use as little discrimination as you can, you can and most likely will hear those whispers of the better stuff lying shallow or even deeper down! Gotta dig most of the trash out though, if you want to go down really deep, so the nulling doesn't occur as much! But if there aren't any good coins and etc. there, then no amount of hunting or digging will find something that isn't there to begin with! Was there an outhouse on the place at one time, find the path to it or to the old clothes line, which was travelled a lot and coins could have been dropped! Good Luck and God Bless, while you keep :detecting: until you give up! Our Heavenly Father, can and will reveal hidden treasure when we ask Him sincerely in Jesus' name or maybe not....just depends where we each stand in honoring, glorifying and obeying Him! Amen! :angel: Ma

thanks brothers and sisters for the tips. Im huntindg with a deus with a 9in coil .Ma I run no discrimination thats the way I like to hunt ,I like to hear everything . Ive done real well in trashy iron sites actually thats where I really like to hunt but this place has modern trash mixed with the old iron and I mean its tough so I guess im either going to have to dig it out or leave it . I probaly will just do a section at a time when I get back over there.

Hey CD,
Please allow me to correct my previous statement. Don't have any idea where my head was, on this one. :confused:

Maybe the value isn't in the ground but above the ground. Beautiful old home.