Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lotsa coins & a near gold

steve in so la

I hit 2 parks today and dug 54 coins, a knife, 16 nickels & an almost gold ring.

195xmb.jpg

And here's the old rusty knife and the wannabe ring. The knife came out of a shallow sand play area under the swings.
14jagia.jpg

Steve in so la

Nice finds Steve. At least you got out brother. Personally I'm one day looking forward to becoming healthy again so I too can get out there and dig.

Good job on the haul.

I always like to find pockets knives. I tend to find more a year than silver.

Here's my display of dug ones over the years. Seeing them once in a while keeps finds fresh in my mind. I haven't added this latest one yet. Steve in so la

knifedisplay.jpg

Nice display....Steve, you sure do have neat displays and able to keep your finds in view instead of in plastic bags and boxes like I do! Out of sight out of mind....get a surprise when I do get to go through them...because I forget so easily! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Yes, I am sure it does...for getting out :detecting: and finding some more goodies! I hope and pray you can keep swinging and digging a lot longer than I was able to do so! Here is a photo of my knives found...don't know if it is all of them or not...still have boxes to unpack but my Duplex isn't very large and is already too full and unable to get to many of my boxes for unpacking and when I do there is no room to go with anything and can't afford to put them in storage any more! I have no strength to climb a ladder and was told plainly to not get on one...but can't climb anyway! Two bedrooms packed to ceiling and rest of my place and garage are too packed, sure wish I had sold most of my stuff before moving, but by the time I decided to have an auction, it was too late for the auctioneer needed two months to list everything and advertise for the sale and also was Feb so too cold and right after Christmas when ppl had spent their money already! Live and learn! SAD!! The photo also has small lead shot and nails of different kinds! Keep the faith and keep on, keepin' on for Jesus and hunting for the oldies and goodies! :angel: Ma

Maybe go through a box and put just several more important things on a display bd - When we moved here we thinned out things. If you haven't used it in a year you don't need it :)

As for age - I'm at 74 now and can see my detecting times in hours go from most all day years ago to just 2-3 hours now. But still better than sitting home doing not much. Steve

Thanks for the advice but I am unable to do any of that and haven't extra money to do so! You are wise in cutting your hours :detecting: and not overtiring yourself....I enjoyed it so much, I did it too long at times when I would get so tired and couldn't do anything else for about a week; so didn't quit before I became too tired and my COPD didn't help, so keep going as long as you can and using wisdom to do it! God Bless you and Nancy! :angel: Ma