Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lots of fun today.......

Parkit

Hit a new-for-me barkchip playground today, three hours for 310 coins including 88 dimes, 26 nickels, 38 quarters and 158 pennies. All with my trusty ACE 250.

[attachment 183269 Recordhaul001.JPG]

I would have hit this place earlier, but it's usually locked up. Today someone forgot to lock the gate, you gotta strike when you get the chance!!

Happy Hunting,
Steve

:thumbup:WtG superb hunting:clapping:

Wow is all I can say.
You really have to love the Ace

Happy Hunting
Bruce

Minelab Xterra 305
Stock coil

Garrett Ace 250
Stock coil
Sniper coil
Exceleratlor 10 x 14 DD coil

That picture is worth a thousand words. Good going!

Jerry

You should be happy they keep the gates locked up. Then when a detectorist comes along , like you" bingo" I would quit my day job for that Quota

Thanks. No silver, the ones that look like silver are just well-kept clad with that "wash" look that comes from the bark chips. The only jewelry is junk, nothing good.

As far as the gates being locked, I'm sure that this wasn't the first time that they were open. It was just the first time I was THERE and they were open. There are other beepers in this town, I just don't know what the method to their madness is. Some places are so barren that you can't find a nail, others like this place remain virgin for years at a time. Judging from past experience, I'd say this haul came from about 4 years of nobody bothering to run a detector over the place. Some of the coins were 4-5" deep (nice sandy soil under the bark chips, easy digging) and some of course were right on top. I've hit a high school nearby that was the same way, I was averaging about 85 coins per hour out of that place for a while.

Like I said, strike when the iron is hot. I carry my machine, digging tools, pouches and spare stuff with me in my truck, so I'm ready to go in about 30 seconds. It pays off when an opportunity like this comes along. And I didn't come close to cleaning the place out today, I just got tired after 3 hours. I'll check it in a few days, if it's open I'll hit it again. If not, well it doesn't look like anyone else is in a hurry to clean it out.

Steve

LOCKED UP!!! That's why there were so many coins there. Never been hit before. There are a few of those playgrounds here that I'd like to get into. One of them used to be open and I hunted it often, then some idiot set fire to the wooden playground equipment and after that they fenced it in and locked it up - all because of some mind numbing imbecile.

Bill

I was locked out of the school playground where I went to gradeschool over 50 years ago. One summer day the maintenance crew was working on installing an air conditioner and I asked if I could come in and hunt a spell. They said yes after I told them about my school days there. When they finished I was still there and they asked me to lock the gate when I left. How pleaseant to deal wiith neat people like them. But I didn't have a very good detector at the time and I know I missed a lot of deeper treasures. Just found a bunch of shallow coins. After a couple of years I went back with a better detector and even though I couldn't get to the playground I did hunt a spell around the front door and found two silver rings at about 6". I was glad to see your score and it brought back some fond memories of my hunt. Thanks. Onus

Just an update, I went back the next day and the gate was still open. I managed another 218 coins (102 pennies; 33 nickels; 40 dimes; 32 quarters and a French Euro). Found a nice little sterling cross, that was the only jewelry. My tumbler will be humming for a while. My wife drove by the place this morning and said the gate was now locked again.

Steve

I'm suprized you didn't use the 305 in there

Nice hunts!:garrett::detecting:Great clad haul!:clapping:Congrats on the silver(cross)!:beers:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)