Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost Ring.

UFOsAreReal

My nephew lost his wedding ring on his honeymoon. Snorkling in the waters off of Pono Kai, Kaui, last friday.
So if your in Kaui and looking for gold. Your farm has been re-seeded. Good luck!

Just wondering...
...would your nephew like that wedding ring back?

And if so, is there perhaps a slight moral dilemma that we detectorists (should!) face when keeping our finds without "reporting" it?

Just a thought.

Honeymooners lose a lot of rings because they often don't fit very well in the first place and they refuse to take the darn thing off when going into the water. "This ring will never leave my finger" is the usual statement heard just before they go swimming and lose it.:shrug:
If he lost it in Bermuda I'd give it back gratis but he lost it on the other side of the world so there's nothing I can do to help him out, sorry. I sleep well at night because I never have an issue with doing a return for nothing more than the promise that the returnee do something good for someone else in the future.(provided the person is polite of course) The fact is most rings lost in the water are not returnable because nobody files a report on a ring that dissappears into the briny blue, it's just gone.

Cheers,

No .. I'm not asking you to find it for him, if you find it .. its yours to keep.
I think the memory of him loosing it on his honeymoon will be one of those stories to tell the grand kids.
He will get another, and I'm sure its not engraved.
There is no way to know..if its really the one he lost or not.
I'm just giving you the torn off corner to the treasure map.

Good luck! :thumbup: