Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost ring help

LarryK

Okay folks, I need advice. Tuesday I'm going looking for a lost wedding ring. It was lost inside a chemical plant and one of the possible places (and the one it has been okayed for me to look) is a graveled area underneath an overhead pipebridge. Lots of dropped nuts and bolts and screws and pieces of metal and... well, you get the drift. I'll only have about 1 hour to search so I was thinking of running IronMask -10, sensitivity set low around 10, maybe less because I don't think the ring could have sunk very deep and low sensitivity may help with all the loose metal beneath the gravel. I also use ferrous sounds normally, but could switch to cond. What do ya'll think? Should I change anything, or should this setup work?

Larry

I Would Use A Small Coil.Then If You Can Check Where Gold Rings Show On The Screen.I Hope You Are Using A Explorer11.If You Can Check The Area You Were At(Make The Area You Check A Little Bigger Then You Just Were At).If You See Alot Of Nuts, Bolts, And Other Metal Pieces Pick Them Up If That Is All Are Hearing From Your Machine.Your Ring Might Be Amongst These Objects.Go Slow Enough To Pickup Any Object That Is Under The Coil.When A Sound Is Heard Move The Gravel To Find What IS There.Your Ring Might Sound And Read In The Coin Area.If You Have The Time Check Signals That Are On Right(None Ferros)Side Of Screen.Good Luck I Hope You Find Your Ring.

well you should lower your sens to almost nothing fast on and if you have a ring similar do what the ex was made for scan and edit the machine ,your looking for something that has not been burried no need to raise your sens.

I do plan on picking up loose nuts and bolts first. I was actually thinking stock coil, but I do have a 5" excellarator. I take it with me. I don't have a similar ring, it's not mine. Someone I work with and he's only been married about 6 months. So you think I should go lower than 10 sensitivity huh? How about around 5??

Larry

definitly, and i was going to mention a smaller coil but i hit the post message button. good luck p.s. i would go as far as 2 or 3 on sens

Being that it should be shallow and that you were going to remove the other metal (nuts & bolts etc) I would take along a magnet just to remove the objects close to the surface and ignore any deep metal objects. If you know anyone that does roofing they usually have a magnet on wheels about 2 feet wide for picking up nails.(would save a lot of time with the steel items) Just an idea.
Good Luck