Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost, Found, Stolen , Pawned and Found again

Micheal_R

Staff member
In 1990, my son turned the magic age of 12 years old. I say magic because he had been bugging me for a couple of years to let him learn how to dive. 12 years old is the youngest at which he can take a diving course. I had taken him to a few local lakes and gave him the basics, but I always told him that he would have to get certified if he wanted to keep coming out with me. Since I was an instructor, he asked if I could teach him. I told him that it was better if he went to a dive school and took it there. My fear, if I taught him, was that I would be either too easy or too hard on him. Thus, it was best to let the dive shop instructor teach him.

So, we entered him in the class and, after a month or so, he was the proud recipient of his dive certification [junior]. The first thing he wanted to do was to go diving, like dad, and

Now your son will have quite a story to share in the years ahead about the twice found necklace!

n/t

n/t

I love finding those chains but they are surprisingly easy to miss, if the clasp is unhooked. Much easier if it is hooked together in a full loop.

That is a strange thing I have found with rings too. If the band is continous, they are easy to find but if the band is broken, like worn thin and smapped, they give a lousy signal.

That is a nice chain.

n/t

n/t

n/t

The more I read of your diving for treasure gigs, the more enticing it gets. Our lakes aren't the cleanest though.:shrug: Finding a chain like that on his first dive hunting with you had to be a thrill for both of you. Pretty cool scenario ! Does he still have the passion to dive and hunt ? Great read !:yo:

We spent almost a whole week,pretty much every day, diving. we found a really good place in westbank, down by Kelowna. And we found lots there. The best part of it all was, ; we did not hit what I consider to be the prime area. That is the area where people are landing in the water when they jump from the towers. I deliberately saved that area so that Willy could come up and dive.I have tried to get the Wimp from Langley up, but for some reason, he will not show up. I guess either too much Baileys or Amaretto is taking the drive out of it for him. Or maybe he has had so much, he won't fit into his wet suit any more!! :lol:

Fair winds

M

he is taking an awful big chance that some Japenese fishing vessel might see fit to harpoon that whale.:lol::cheers:

Not often do happy endings come regarding thefts of that calibur.

What beautiful loot you guys found there. I'll just bet you refilled the tanks and hit that spot again and again.

Thanks for a story that fires me up.

Today, it's big-time rainy but mild (60 degrees)--a perfect day for diving! But it'll have to wait juusssst a bit longer. :biggrin:

My turn is coming! <><

aj

n/t

n/t

seems i need to get back to your place and get you talking, many cool experiences to drag outta you!

a great ending to the story! Glad that pawn shop guy was on the up and up!

n/t