Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LOST...FOUND...AND LOST AGAIN!!

OK..where to begin!.. when i was about 17 (3 years ago) my dad and i got into an old house here in the small town of Georgetown (Texas), where we live, and hunted the front, it was a 1840's house converted into a survey company, ( forest mapping and survey ) we hunted the front with my old gta1000 and i came up with a 1853 seated quarter.. the only one i have ever found..yet! and a 1901 IH penny, the first one i had ever found at the time. also, i found a nice gold ring..which i sold. about a year later i moved out of my parents house into my old house with some of my buddies and band members. when i moved my things i had some of my coins in an old wooden jewelry box my dad had given me. in the box i had some guitar picks i had acquired over the years. ( flogging molly, the casualties, the addicts ) punk bands...also i had some autographed Ramones ticket stubs! which i still own. well when i moved and pulled all my stuff out of the car and un-packed, ALL MY COINS WERE GONE!! a few of my guitar picks and my ticket stubs were still there, but my coins had vanished! i tore apart the trunk of the car but found nothing. well about a year went by and i didn't really metal detect as much, i spent allot of time fishing and being a river rat ..and working, so i didn't really have much time for it. and i sold the car to a buddy of mine. so i forgot all about them, well about 6 months ago i really got back into metal detecting again, more then i ever have, and i always told my girl friend about how i will never take any coin i find for granted again, and how i wish i had that seated in my possession. well about a month ago my buddy that i sold the car to calls me, and asks me if i want to buy it back for half the price i sold it to him for. i said sure and went and picked it up. i asked him if he had found any old coins in the trunk, he said he had never opened the trunk.... i was determined to find them! my girlfriend and i tore every piece of cloth out and riped out the back seat. after doing so i found a few of my band picks, so i knew they had to be there. and sure enough under a flap of cloth between the seat and trunk there they were! all the coins i had lost!....i was so happy i gave her a big hug....and an even bigger one to the coin.
the moral of this story is!........
i don't know.. what ever you want it to be..heres some pics of the coins i recovered!

Cool story! I like stories with happy endings.
bottlebum

Texas Treasure Pirate, finds that you would consider to be lifetime finds really need to go into a safety deposit box! For a moment I thought that they had been stolen! But either way you almost lost that find(s) for sure!............HH.........Joe