Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost Details

Chuck-AZ

Now I have another problem with Avatar, when I tried to use a coin photo and reduced it I lost all the detail. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have seen coins used. Chuck:confused:

Can you upload the coin photo your trying to reduce so we check it out and see if it something that can be reduced or not.

One thing you want to do before reducing any photo is try to crop out most of the background you can. More background and more smaller the foreground will be reduced to.

Bill

Chuck - since the maximum dimension of an avatar is limited to 100 by 100 pixels it is not really possible to retain a lot of detail when you resample down to that size. There just is not enough pixels for much detail. If you take the coin you posted previously and downsize it to that size you'll note that it is a coin and you can see some smudges on it ... just enough to realize that it is a coin. However, if you zoom into it - even a little bit - you'll just see large pixels with few details. It's just the way it is unfortunately.

Gord SW Ont. :wave:

Here it is, it sure is a beautiful coin I just can't seem to do it justice. Thanks for trying to help. Chuck

You have lots of background in that photo so first thing I would do is crop out as much background I can . Here the result of the first photo with most of the background cropped out.

[attachment 68353 crop-coin.png]

Then I would scale it down but remember the bigger the image is the more detail it will lose scaling down, that is why I always try to crop out as much as unwanted background or at least try to take a very close up photo of the coin but move camera back far enough that you still retain the details of the coin and the coin is close to 200 pixel size so you can just crop out all the background and just only scale down a tiny bit.

Here the first photo scaled down to close to 100x100 after background image have been cropped out.

[attachment 68354 avatar-coin.png]

Cropped out background and scaled down of the second coin in your post.

[attachment 68355 avatar-coin2.png]

Bill

I checked and that pic was excepted as Avatar but now I'm going to see if I can get a good quality picture excepted. Thank you for the help Bill. Chuck

file.php

[attachment 68715 eagle2.jpg]
[attachment 68714 eagle.jpg]

The colour has been corrected for the silver coin, plus intensity and contrast. One is a close-up of just the emblem with the rest of the coin cropped out for more detail. These are sized 100 pixels x 100 pixels.

S.