Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost Beach of New Brunswick

SurfCutter

I am going to take the liberty to not number these story/ tales from now on just in case other tales come to mind and will fit ...

As stated I have hunted around Montreal and as far east as Nova Scotia and parts between as time and opportunity permitted . Traveling with Richard and Family was fun , plans would be made as to were we would go. The route mapped , most of the time based on the available information to what could be found to hunt . On the flip side if we had to be back in Montreal for what ever reason the normal travel was to leave at the last possible moment and drive straight through until Verdun and their home was reached . It is with foolish pride that I remember some of these drives, hunting for 6-8 hours, then driving back 12-16 hours straight through a couple of times in a driving heavy rain to get back for what ever was needed to be done.

One trip stands out and to this day Both Richard and I have never been able to find this beach ever again.

New Brunswick ....

During our travels we had agreed that this part of Canada was something to drive through forgive my American but it was endless miles of small trees ,wild land and very little to hunt.
We always tried to plan our trips that we would get through what we felt was a detectors waste land as quickly as possible . On one of our return trips and a late start for our return to Montreal we had to stop somewhere in New Brunswick . I am not sure if it was a sign on the side of the road or if it was on one of Richard's maps and marked with a question mark but we turned for to find a place to stay the night. I did know at the time we had no way of finding it again in our return the next time we were in the area. We had been driving for at least 12 hours and finally had to admit that we would not clear the "detector less waste" .
We turned off the Tran Can and travelled along side for about a mile or two before we came to the camp ground . It was not much to see about a dozen or so camp sites and only one or two other campers in the place besides us . The main office was across the road, the only building in sight but what was strange was it had more people/kids around it than what the camp ground could hold . I did not make to much note of the sign or that it looked more like a real country general store than just a camp ground . What had my attention was that to one side and out behind the store / office was a small beach with a fair crowd of beach goers packing up and leaving for the day .
It did not take long for Richard and I as tired as we were to get in to our hunt gear and hit the water ......

:surprised:

Water COLD !!!!

I do not know if it was from it being so late in the season or if they piped it down from a colder place north but on top of being very cold the beach dropped off in to deep water very quickly but targets seem to be good. Due to the very cold water and the fading light we did not hunt very long or give much look at the coins we had found , it could also been to the fact they seemed more crusted up than most water finds with a fine sandy coating around the blackened silver and copper coins .
The next morning we left early not giving the beach a second thought other than it was a cold swim .
It was only when we got back to Montreal and looked at our finds and cleaned them did we find that the coins all dated from the 1920's and back to the late 1890's every one of them ............

:cry:

Some where there is a small beach and it is loaded with a hunter's treasure in old coins in the wilds of New Brunswick ..

Bill g,

n/t

That charges my batteries, right here in the middle of fishin' season! You don't know of any lost beaches in Arkansas do you? :lol:

aj

n/t