Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loosing a target response?

kurt-ks

Hello all, have a question on target response--just put a 5.75 C coil on the LST and found a good target in one direction but when turning 90degrees it completely goes away.Is it a coin on edge or Iron being discriminated out,discrimination is set around below nickel. Thanks for your help--Kurt

It is more than likely a trash item. Only way to know is to dig it. Steve.

Only way to know for sure is dig it up!

Generally speaking, with Tesoro machines, if you can get an audio in one back-and-forth direction but not the other, it usually means is a long and thin item (nail), and iron. That has been my experience, but you need to be confident of your machine and what it is telling you, so "guess" your target is iron by the sound, then dig it. When you get to the point that you are right 100% of the, you can stop digging those targets. That said, I occasssionly dig iron but only when its deep and iffy. I would rather dig a questionable one and get iron, than walk away from a potentially good target, especialy if I am on an old site.

n/t