Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like it is about time to fold up and put this forum into storage for the summer:thumbup: I vote yes

Royal

n/t

Even when things slow down a bit. I'd rather endure a few dry spells here and there and have you guys to count as friends than to see this place close up. I vote no !!.........and always will. :)

write new story's, myself included and there is little here to draw people. I have noticed a few new people posting occasionally but there is little to keep them. It has pretty much turned into a joke forum. Hell I post more jokes than anyone but I am just trying to get some dialog going. That doesn't seem to work and there are thousands of joke forums all over the web.

We had something unique here for years but without some new blood it seems to be dying. Nobody's fault. The regulars are probably running out of story's and with no new blood with new story's it is bound to die.

I have a lot on my table myself and when I come here and see no new story's and even the story's that are posted are read by many and replied to by the few regulars it is discouraging. It was fun while it lasted and maybe will wake up this next winter but I am just like the rest, I have other things that I can be doing. I will reply to the story's though.:thumbup:

incorrectly think that us regulars have all known each other forever. Heck......I remember feeling a little awkward the first time I posted replies to the stories. You always see posters on any other type of forum always saying things like........."this place is the best " or "there's great people here " etc. etc. But they lack that "personal touch" and the willingness of it's members to show that "honest human side"........personal or otherwise that the people here are trusting enough to do. That's what makes this forum unique. No judgements, no criticizing, except in fun,.......this place IS the real deal because it's members are real. I'd encourage these silent visitors to open up a bit and don't worry about feeling awkward. We all do at the beginning.....that's normal. But I'd tell them this much because I have met you and chat with some others semi- regularly, and others I know I will as well,.......I've gotten to know and appreciate people here of a quality that's rarely seen in our own private worlds. The web can sometimes be a great thing and this place has proven that. C'mon in folks.....you'll like it here. :)

Him, Mike and Alice in BC the first time. Although it was the first time we had met he said it felt like a reunion and not like a first meeting and that is sure true. All the important things we already knew about each other from years on the web. I was amazed how ugly he was but I sorta hide it well I think.

Speaking of that, I had the same experience when you came up for the visit and got me drunk and you pizzed on that poor ladies leg!!:rofl:

I have been getting some MD'ing in, riding some, got the fish ponds and connecting stream cleaned out, getting the camper cleaned up and ready to go and I haven't even started on getting the boat out of storage yet. Not enough time to play on the computer much. I'll have to catch y'all on a rainy day.

do with a danged mountain anyway? Stock it with sheep then have to guard it against Bin Laden?:rofl:

My Gold forum goes like a house afire all winter and gets real quiet in spring-summer. Rob has it right, quality is better so lets the get the snow blower out and mow the lawn one last time;)
No summer break for you buddy but nice try!

Ya its been a little slow, but it isn't the first time. So tell us about the Ladys leg that turned yellow or something like that? :rofl:

they will be back in as it gets real hot. Our bike club was dead all winter for the most part, now its really jumping with the racing again.
Its like that until fall, then its a ghost town. IF nothing else we can break each others stones or a new story comes up and they will....
Heck look at last weekend with pulling the guy out. That story would not of been a story if you didn't happen on them.

Geo

I wouldn't mind being as big as Royal but I wouldn't want to be that ugly. Naturally, I agreed. Over here in Canuck land, we put faces like yours on Iodine bottles. :rofl:

I think I can understand your disappointment and what appears to be a lack of activity , ...

I do not have an answer for you Royal ..

I am guilty of not writing as much as I could at times or even answering a post after having enjoyed what was shared with all here. One thing I do treasure above all else are the people here ,many I would like to meet in person but it is very unlikely it will ever happen for one reason or another . If I was to guess why the lull in the posting of stories it could be a number of factors , the coming season where we all start looking to do things outside , be it TH'ing, or our special interests we all have and enjoy during the good weather. Life also can get in the way , health , our relationships both those that bring together and those that go apart. I know that for myself I find writing very difficult both from the stand point of subject matter and structure you would never guess how much I have to depend on the spell check for each of my posts.
I wish I had the answer for you and the frustration it must be to run a forum like this...

Bill G.

P.S.
I would be sad to see this forum go but I understand why , I would hope that maybe you will rethink your options maybe make this a place to not only to post stories but also to keep in check with the on line friends for those not lucky enough to meet face to face ...

n/t

n/t

continuing it on with all the people on here putting stories and pictures up about where they live. I'm sure stories will come up, and pictures are always neat. We are all scattered all over so I know I enjoy seeing other places. We all share different interest and it would keep it going and all of us still staying in touch. More stories will come as well as new people will find us. Its more than a type at ya forum, its people enjoying each others company and interest at least it is for me. I know I'm pretty busy right now coming out of hibernation but still try to make it in here at some point during the day. Really enjoy your kayak trips etc. Fred is getting good at fidning places in Texas. I know Wayne will have to go out and catch a few more huge fluke or halibut. Mikie has a ton of neat sites up his way.
Ron J never stops surprising me with all his interest and pictures and so on. Sunny will be back with pictures from beer camp I'm sure.
You created a watering hole Royal for us to hang out at. Heck just yesterday was worth the price of admission to see the fox try to kick the eagles a$$.

Geo