Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like I'm back online, Had trouble with the

George-CT

computer here the last 4 days, Kept shutting down after it got warm. Did my trouble shooting routine and found that the power supply fan was not working on the normal speed and so so at high speed. I replaced the fan for another power supply I had and all seems well again. It gave me a chance to clean it up in there also. My system is on about 18 hours a day and with the wood stove on and hot air circulation, even with dust traps, it gets dusty in there. A little high pressure air from a distance and its look like new again. I have 2 extra fans in it also so that pulls thru a lot of air/dust into the workings.

My trusty cold has finally gone away and cough has stopped. If any of you get one this year, I hope not the same one I had. Put me way behind on chores but I'm hot on the case again now. Wood a flying, leaves a flying, a few more oil changes to do on stuff that will sit until spring before its run again, and I'll be ready to go into hibernation feeding the wood stove and my face with venison stew.

My buddy is back from Washington State and he brought us some of his Elk he got 2 weeks ago with a black power rifle. Pretty decent tasting animal. This one he got on the back side of Mt. Saint Helens. Thats my buddy Gary on the left in the picture. He is back here now, and so far has 2 deer and a coyote and 2 turkey off his property. He prefers to hunt the whitetails here in CT on his property than the muleys out that way.

So off to read mail I missed the last 4 days and get up to speed here.

George-Ct

blood all over his hands and not one drop on his white t-shirt.i can't eat pizza wearing a white shirt without getting sauce on it:biggrin:.

work partners with Ironworking and he would come to work looking like a dam chip & dale, and work as hard as me and go home looking the same way like he never broke a sweat. I could go in dressed in black and still come home looking dirty by coffee break.
This fella in the picture is a new friend Gary found out that way for hunting. His name is Scott. Gary says he lives and breaths hunting come fall.

I guess they had to use a little chain saw type winch to skid this one up out of a gully before that could cut it up and get it on the quad and back to the truck. I know when I get down doiong the dirty work I usually look like I came from a chainsaw murder.

n/t

Its getting more winter like here now. Had a few flurries last night, and high wind all day today. The last of the leaves are coming down. Good part the ground is not frozen yet....So we move back the electric fence along the driveway so I have a place to put the snow. I'd like a year again like a few years ago where we didn't get any. Deer hunting is in full bloom here now. so lot of hunters in the woods so my wife stays close to home with the horses. Another month and she will have it all to herself again. Tnx for the good wishes, much appreciated. George-CT

with the puter too close the woodstove, moved it next to the patio door for extra cooling. Nice yearling Bull Elk, good eating, but a dry cow would be better:biggrin:

and I though if I put extra filters in the blower section that would do it. so then I took a pair of the wifes nylons, and covered the intake fans on the computer box to trap more and even did it to the front of it where there is a grill behind. It slowed it all up for sure, but it still gets in there. Like you I will move it away from this spot, Hate to, I like to be in the middle of the action where I can watch TV, and yak with everyone one at the same time. Yet, this sure is a warm spot when you come in from outdoors. The cold will get to the fingers later in the winter with the arthritis and that heat sure is nice.

ON this young bull, I guess just before this, they messed up on a nice bullwinkle. They took this the last day, last 4 hours of the day.
This is only about 45 minutes from his house. He saids its really rugged country but plenty of them there. The guy with him is from the area and has done it all his life, so he is getting in where they are. Gary really enjoys eatting wild game. He went in Sept for antelope in Wyoming, the Elk there, and Whitetails and turkeys here. He was also here in September for a boar hunt and got one but it was a preserve type deal in a big swamp and mountain larels. That he did with a pistol. The rest of the time he fishes as often as he can.

Back here he and I used to go off of Montauck Long Island, NY for Tuna or yellowfin. Fishers Island for big stripper base, in the 50 lb class and RI for cod and big fluke. Tuna is getting pricey now. One can go thru 600 bucks for fuel no problem in a weekend now. Lot of running to get out and back and pretty much all the time your there off the canyons. LIke they say, you can't put a price tag on your hobbies. Good thing for me...

George-Ct

gotta check it out when I get back north in a few days