Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like I found the owner of the tungsten carbide ring found this weekend.

wesbeach

Over the weekend after the noreaster I found a tungsten carbide ring made by TrewTungsten. Max took a photo and had posted it online over the weekend but, but I thought it was titanium at the time. Each ring has an engraved serial number, so I contacted the company over the web and provided them the number. This one was also engraved with a date in script that isn't even a year old. They have responded and said they will contact the owner. I should be hearing from the owner shortly.

I will let you know how it goes.

I found a "TrewTungsten" ring a couple of weeks ago also, after reading this post I thought I would give it a try and contacted the company with the rings serial number. I received a reply that they would contact the store where it was originally sold and would keep me posted. The ring looks like it's been in the water a while and kind of beat but it might mean something to someone out there.:)

I am still waiting to hear back from the owner of the TrewTungsten ring. They might not have internet service to email me a response. I will wait to see what arrives in the mail.

If noone contacts me for the ring, I guess I can keep it with a clear conscience. This particular tungsten carbide ring is not very attractive to me and is steel gray in color. I showed it to my mother and she said it looked like an industrial ring and not a piece of jewelry. These TrewTungsten rings are very uniquely identifiable because of the serial number and the engraved date. The owners are easier to find than the owner of a class ring because of the serial numbers. If the onwer doesn't want his ring back, I guess it will be his gift to me.

Wesbeach

I just received a call from the owner of the tungsten carbide ring. I will be mailing it back to him. I asked when and where the ring was lost and he said he was just at the beach a couple weeks ago and had taken the ring off and put it in his shoes. He forgot to get the ring out of the shoes and it fell into the sand. It looks like this ring didn't travel much during the noreaster because I found it high up in the wet sand from the storm.

I feel like I have done my good deed for the day!

Wesbeach