Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a new Beach detector?

geckokid

I am looking to get a new beach detector.
I narrowed it down to these Pulse Induction Metal Detectors.

Tesoro Sand Shark
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Whites Surf PI Pro

Are any others I should consider, the price range no more than $800.
Would like to hear comments about these Metal detectors.

Shaun

The PI PRO is the deepest of those 3 and my personal detector for water hunting the Garrett I don't know much about so won't talk about it.. the Tiger Shark from everything I have heard and read about is a pretty decent detector that is happier in freshwater than salt but will perform pretty good in the salt and you can use the Tiger Shark on land as well...

PI PRO is at home in the wet sand or water and I would not use it in freshwater or dry sand because its no fun digging up a tiny staple a foot down..

You won't go wrong with the Tiger Shark.. You could also look at the Detector Pro line they are decent detectors as well.. my hunting partner uses the Headhunter PI with deadly results.. we generally always come home with the gold :)

Another detector worth mentioning is the Whites BeachHunterID its similar to the Whites DFX in a water resistant case all these detectors are in your price range..

I have a Detector Pro HH Pulse with both the 11 and 8 inch coils. The sucker is deep. It's easier to pin point with the 8 inch coil.

Have not used the Whites or Tesoro PI's but through reading on the forums the Tesoro is easy to pin point as well as the Whites.

Whatever you get, get not only a deep scoop but a WIDE one !

Tell you one thing...every time I see Craig-PI post some of his finds, it makes me use my PI more and more !! Whenever the guys that use the PI's show their stuff, it gets me in the mood cuz sometimes when I use mine, I am digging deep deep holes for small iron....or worse...deep DEEP fishing sinkers ( which in reality is a good thing and you have to dig them even with a VLF).

I gotta keep using mine more and more since I still have not learned all the nuances. I do know that the guys that produce the gold have learned their detectors, put their time in and are in the water a lot.

JC

Hello geckokid. I have personally used the Mark II and owned 3 of the units, with excellent results. I would say any of the above would be great PI choices, based on your budget. Like Craig said the HHPI should also be a contender on your list, within the budget you mentioned. I am unaware of any regular users here with the Sand Shark, but between me with Mark II experience and Craig and many others on the PI PRO, you should be good to go, any way you go. I can answer any question you may have on the Mark II, as I used them for 2 full seasons. Best of luck mate!

Here's a blast from the past, circa '04-'05!
[attachment 84379 IMG_0001.JPG]

I'll repost this from a few days ago in another thread:
I've been beach detecting for about a year with my 1st water machine, a Sandshark. Considerations were price, lifetime warranty, it's the only waterproof machine capable of coil changes, and I was impressed with Tesoro's Cibola that I've been relic hunting with. With no discrimitation, I dig some trash, but I don't miss anything, either. The Sand Shark has 2 modes, Normal and VCO. I run in VCO with the threshold all the way down. This makes for silent running which I find much more relaxing, and doesn't seem to affect sensitivity. Just be sure to get a scoop with smaller than normal holes; the Sandshark will detect fine chains and small earrings that lots of machines will miss.

Thanks for all the replies. When i make my choice in may (Tax Rebate money:detecting:. )I let you all know which PI machine I get.