Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a little information!

MDMac

Now that I have made a few trips afield, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Do most Metal Detector Hobbist's join a club? What clubs?

2. Are there any good books or DVD's, besides from a manufacturer, that are good to read/watch?

3. How long do most folks detect before upgrading from their 'beginner' detector?

4. Is it advantageous to find a buddy or two to metal detect with?

5. How hard is it to get permission from property owners?

I may have a few more questions, but there are the ones that I can think of right now.

Thanks for any input.

PS: Anyone detecting in the great state of Colorado on these boards?

[quote MDMac]Now that I have made a few trips afield, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Do most Metal Detector Hobbist's join a club? What clubs?
I have never joined a club in the 24 years I have been detecting. I might have if ever approached?

2. Are there any good books or DVD's, besides from a manufacturer, that are good to read/watch?
Youtube has a lot of good videos.

3. How long do most folks detect before upgrading from their 'beginner' detector?
Usually a detector can be as professional as you make it. Experience trumps dollars spent on expensive detectors.

4. Is it advantageous to find a buddy or two to metal detect with?
I have found that hunting partners steal my spots. I do the research and get permission then find out they have been hunting there without me.

5. How hard is it to get permission from property owners?
I have more places to hunt than I have time. This is due solely in being polite. Also using the internet as a research tool save tons of time. You can email entities for permission. Don't forget to print your emails and place in your wallet.