Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:look:singing quattro MP ?

smileawhile

I have it on factory settings for coins and jewelry hunting in the
school baseball field but most of the time the tones are all over
the place. shows me coins silver in the mid to high 30 range and I
get a lot of bottle caps. still Trina to get use to the tones and numbers. Wish I had a chart for what numbers were what tones are
tough I have found a few quarters and pennies. I anyone has any tips
I would greatly appreciate the help
Smile :confused:

I was not able to find one in any book stores but maybe they can order one for you . Best place to get the book is from your local Minelab dealer or Ebay . I see them all the time on Ebay . Or any of the classifieds sections on the various forums I've seen them time to time . Good luck ....Mike

I know it can be very frustrating in the begining as I went through the same problems . When your signals or numbers are constantly changing your Quattro is telling you that you are over multiple targets . With a slow sweep of the coil you should here your different signals or tones . Each of these represent a different target .Or your sensitivity may be set to high . Try setting your sensitivity on 16 , dig all repeatable numbers of 35 to 39 . And after you make any adjustments to your Q always push your noise cancel button . That's what I did . You will notice that all signals in these numbers will be a high pitch squeek or tone . Those are what you want to go after cause here is where you will find your good targets . Once you get over the hump of understanding what your Quattro is telling you . It will all click and become much easier . Good luck and never give up ...Mike :thumbup:

Depending on where I go detecting I usually will just power up and start detecting. I don't even bother noise canceling. THe Quattro is such a quiet machine and most of the places I hunt are free of power lines so it rarely makes a diff if I noise cancel. Now adjusting the sensitivity is the best adjustment to make.

Screw caps are a problem. Even for the master quattro user. Sometimes I can tell just cause they give such a good signal. If I'm in an area that has little chance of indian heads and I get a 34 ish strong signal I know it's a screw cap.

Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have another question
is it true that all the low numbers 17- through 20 Even thought they are strong are all trash? It seems like the only time I find
coins its in the mid 30's to 40

Smile:blink:

If you are primarily looking for coins then yes the 17's to 20's are usually trash. Those beaver tail pull tabs come in in the mid to upper 20's. Sometimes when I try to get nickels(14-15) I will dig up small pieces of shredded alum. or a larger piece of wadded foil. My son has a DFX and his machine is not that great at identifing deep alum(sound like coins) so he will have me check. Even if the target is 6-8 inches and a pull tab I will tell him. He use to dig even though I would tell him it was aluminum. Now he trust me.

In my soil conditions if there is a good target that is indicating over 6 inches in depth and the tone is jumping and I can get the vdi numbers to climb, then I will dig it. But once I pinpoint the target and rescan it a lot of jumpy numbers are just cause you are not centered. When I center and scan a deep target a lot of times it will be more clear whether it is a good or bad target to dig.

At old home sites I will dig anything 14 and above. You can find some really neat relics this way. But at the local park that is carpeted with pull tabs I avoid the 28's(Pull tab!).

Cool thanks again. its nice to chat with someone who has the experience that you seem to have.
My the Hunting Gods we kind to you
Smile:please: