Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:lol: I Wish

Piperboy

We were off on another hunt at a new site Rob and me. To set the stage of this day we had receved permission to hunt an area that we hoped would produce some good finds.The area was a very popular spot at the turn of the century for swimming and picnics.It is on Lake Erie near a small country town.To get to the old beach area we had to climb down very carefully a cliff about fifty or so feet to the beach area.The cliff face was overgrowen with trees and brush. It took us a while to get down but with luck we made it to the prommised land.There was lot's of old debris it was a great area .Rob set out to detect for coins and i set out to find a bottle pit and dig for antique bottles.After about two hours we took a break.Rob had found some really nice old coins. 1870s 1890s . I had found an early garbage pit 1900s to 1920s.I dug about 4 or 5 nice bottles and said to rob i wish i could have found an early medical bottle 1880s.It was starting to get late when we realised we still had to climb back up the cliff to get to the car.Off we went. what a climb with all our stuff.Near the top we took a break i said to rob i wish i had found that one bottle . As we talked i went to put my pack on and to my amazment, off to the right coverd in some leaves was a bottle it was a medical bottle- sky blue and in mint shape- a real keeper.I almost fell down the cliff jumping up and down with joy. Rob couldn't belive i had found that bottle .All the way home i laughed so hard i was sick. The bottle dates around 1880s. We always hunt together and have some really great times detecting .Rob has found some really rare coins but that day i found that antique bottle was a special day . Jim :twodetecting:

forum to Steve about the way some of these things seem to jump out at you. And this isn't the only occasion I've seen this type of thing happen with you. Heck, it's almost as if I expect something weird to happen.:lol: But even when some days draw us blanks, it's still a treat to get out with my bud.:cheers:

n/t

I have one on my window sill that Mike eyeballed while we were hunting arrow heads. He gave it to me or I stole it from him. I forget which.

I have found over a hundred old bottles not far from where you live--diving in the St Clair River, at the city of St Clair. It is hard work with little to show for it some time s buy then we would hit glory holes and come up with a bag full.

I especially like the old Clay pipes. I have found quite a few but only one complete one.

I like bottles. Thanks for posting the story:thumbup:

and the only work you had to do is climb that hill:).sounds you two had a great day.i like those clored bottles,especially cobalt.

n/t

I still have to get my girls assistance. And Jimbo's gonna need mine ! Bear with us you guys. We'd love to show our finds and we will.:wiggle:

Sunny can do it and she is a blonde, you can do it. Very simmple!!

please do not tell them about how MANY times you had to talk me thru it! :rofl: Plus, remember when you told me to send you my Christmas photos and you would post them? (That was back when you were being nice to me! (And I sent you almost a hundred pictures? :rofl:) At that time, I had no idea what all was involved! :confused:

n/t

n/t