Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Logbook

PAshooter

So I got to thinking (scary, I know!): I use Excel so much for work that I've gotten to be pretty good with it. So instead of a paper logbook, I've made a nifty spreadsheet I use...it keeps track of each type of find automatically, with a running total of each item and the total cash value of all clad coins. Plus you can sort the columns any way you like, so if you wanted to see for instance just the wheat pennies, it will hide everything else and you can see the site/date/etc. of only the wheat pennies...or just the finds in a certain month, etc.
[attachment 93251 excel_log.jpg]
In case you are wondering, URBs are "Unrecognizable Rusty Blobs" :)

Of course, you still have to find time to sit down and update it after each hunt :) However with the pics being taken of the finds each time, it's easy to wait and get a few hunt's worth done at once. I would attach the spreadsheet here, but only pictures are allowed... I could email it to anyone who wants it, just send me a PM here with your email address. It's a .xlsx but I can save it as a .xls for older MS-office versions.

That's pretty good.. I use to do a lot with Excel creating spreadsheets with delta factoring... Kinda fun isn't it? (creating something that others can use) Next folks will be sending you requests and ideas for updates and then next you are selling on shareware sites ..................

hehe yeah...you know compared to some of the gurus i work with, i don't know too much about it really. glad you like it though! pm me your email address and i'll send it to you.