Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo Super Traq:tesoro:

kurt-ks

Hello everyone new to forum!:clapping: I have a new LST and was wondering which coil would be best for coin shooting in light, trashy ground with it?Just trying to get to know the LST better:detecting:Thanks Kurt from KS.

The 8" concentric and/or the 5.75 concentric will be best for those
conditions. If the ground is very mineralized then the same sizes
in widescan would be best.
..W

I also have the 10x5 and the 5.75 concentric for the trash but i find that i use the 9x8 for most of my detecting.
I set the detector up as followes
Disk at 2.1/2
Sens at 10 or just into the red
and i set my detector to normal soil
the picture is of the last Celtic gold coin that i found and datets back to 45 AD

Wow!
45AD

That is OLD!

Congratulations on a great discovery!
rmptr

45AD?? Well, so much for my 1801 large cent.

I bet that you had just as much fun finding your 1801 large cent as i did finding my Celtic coin, i detect on farm land so i only have the iron to discriminate out but you guys detect in parks old house sites and many other places that i would hate to detect in because of all the trash so you have my total respect in your type of detecting.
Keep up the good work

BTW, if y'all are not familiar with Les; I have read many of his posts on other forums and he is VERY knowledgeable.

Yep, you're right diggernash about LesUK. He's an expert on
many things, especially the LST. He has an ongoing friendly
rivalry with an American hunter who visits the UK and hunts
with Les but uses(and swears by)the Tejon.
The UK is a fascinating land of history and a veritable
storehouse of unfound treasures, but they hide
themselves very well, calling for dedicated work to
find them. Continued great luck, Les!
..W:thumbup:

Joka beat me by finding a silver coin on his last trip over to the UK but he was not using his Tejon, the old boy was swinging the F75 (THE TRAITOR) :starwars: