Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lobo question

findit

is the ground balance automatic in both modes and is switching coils a problem. does it have to be sent in to be calibrated with the new coil

I have used the Lobo st with the 5.75, 10x5 and the 8x9 with no problems, but then i do live in the UK and we don't need the maximum depth that you guys like to try and find.
I was told to switch the detector to all metal and set it to zero disc and to pump the coil up and down a few times when i put a different search head on the lobo st but i don't know if it does any thing as when you switch the detector to discrimination mode it puts the detector to a factory set position.

The process of ground balancing the machine eliminates any coil issue. Just GB with each coil change.

[quote findit]is the ground balance automatic in both modes and is switching coils a problem. does it have to be sent in to be calibrated with the new coil[/quote]You didn't specify if it is the 'original' Lobo or the current Lobo SuperTRAQ. If it is the original Lobo, your manual GB adjustment is tied in with both the All Metal and motion Discriminate modes. If you (or are asking) about the Lobo SuperTRAQ, the auto-tracking circuitry is only for the All Metal mode. The Disc. mode relies on a factory preset GB.

Usually, you do not have to send the LST in for any 'calibration' because the Disc. mode seems to adjust lower than most models and you can essentially 'compensate' or adjust top the annoying ground in the Disc. mode. You simply use the Disc. control and, if you have a false 'beep' at the minimum setting, slowly increase it just to the point where it remains stable w/o falsing. That's usually by about the

thanks i was referring to the lobo super TRAQ, but could you refresh my mind about the vaquero is the manual gb tied to both am and disc?