Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo Original -- Help Please

Relicpro

Just bought a used Lobo. Cannot believe the unmasking in iron...but the depth sucks.. I am air testing a nickel at a max depth of 8" at full sensitivity in the disc mode. Does that sound right for the original Lobo or does it need a tune up?
Thanks

Relicpro said:
Just bought a used Lobo. Cannot believe the unmasking in iron...but the depth sucks.. I am air testing a nickel at a max depth of 8" at full sensitivity in the disc mode. Does that sound right for the original Lobo or does it need a tune up?
Thanks

Something not right , hope you get an answer from soon from a Lobo user .

These are the somewhat vague posts that bring questions of their own.

Relicpro said:
Just bought a used Lobo.
Locally or through the mail? From a dealer or an individual? Often I like to check a detector out, personally, prior to purchase unless I know the seller (have dealt with and trust them), or unless it's a dealer who will make things right should there be a definite problem.

Relicpro said:
Cannot believe the unmasking in iron..
Quite a few of the earlier analog-based motion Discriminators had a good, low-end rejection level, and they also displayed very quick response and recover in iron trash. Many, or probably most, Tesoro Discriminators have done well in that regard. With a nice, broad-range Disc. adjustment, you can set it to just barely reject or ignore iron nails and it does quite well.

Relicpro said:
... but the depth sucks..
For the most part, the discussion of "depth" hasn't always been one of the strong points with a Tesoro model. They do what they do reasonably well,, but they are not what I think of as really deep-seeking models.

Relicpro said:
I am air testing a nickel at a max depth of 8" at full sensitivity in the disc mode. Does that sound right for the original Lobo or does it need a tune up?
That might be about right, but what are all the settings, coils used, and sweep speed used?

Are you using a standard elliptical Double-D (Wide Scan) search coil? As a rule, a D-D coil will not get quite the depth that a similar-sized concentric coil will.

Is the Discriminate level set quite low, such as minimum to no more than iron nail rejection? If you have the Disc. level too high you can cut in a bit on total depth and responsiveness.

In your 'air test" are you moving the 5

Thanks everyone. I have an old metal box eldorado and it easily hits a nickel at 11-12 inches. Considering that, I thought the lobo being a newer generation would be at least as strong as the Eldorado. I also use a Tejon which will air test a nickel close to 14 inches and have a DMC 2b that will get about 18" in the same test.
Thanks
Robert