Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LOBO, How Deep Is It?

dugpenny

I guess the Lobo is about the only Tesoro I haven't tried yet.

In inches, what do you get on a freshly buried dime?

Thanks,

Penny

I use the Lobo st and find it to be a great detector in the UK, as for depth it's not as deep as some of the other metal detectors out there but when im on my site's with lots of scrap iron and tiny bits of lead i found that for me it works better than the Tejon.
I personaly think that it will give you the same depth as the Cibola or the Vaqeuro give or take 1/2 an inch.
Depth is not a factor for me as i need better discrimination more than i need depth, i have found that the more depth that i get on a detector (like the Tejon) the worse the discrimination gets and the more iron i dig.
I hope that this helps Les in the UK

is it true the LOBO's auto ground balance only works in the all-metal mode? How does this help you at trashy sites?

Just trying to learn. Thanks for your patience.:beers:

Penny

Hi Penny, the auto tracking is disabled when you enter the Discriminate mode. When you do a ground balance in the all metal mode and switch to Discriminate it will be balanced but it will not track. Ok I hope this is a help and I have found the Lobo to be a fairly deep instrument here in West Texas anyway. I like the Lobo very much, in fact I like most all of the Tesoro instruments. CU later Penny and God Bless.

John omlinson,CET:tesoro::csflag::tesoro::csflag::tesoro:
John's Detectors

I owned a Lobo ST for a couple of weeks a few years ago, and in the mild ground here it got about the same depth, maybe a little less, on dimes and higher coins as the Golden

How deep does it go from your experience john.....what would be the deepest target you have found with the lobbo? And what was the size and weight of the target? (Important factors)
Cheers!

Over here in the UK on the sites that i search (Roman and Celtic)i have to use discrimination penny as there is just so much scrap iron that it would be inposible for me to use all-metal, i set my detector up to knock out iron nails and dig everything that gives a good signal. The best disc setting for the Lobo st that i have found over here is two and a half, on that setting i knock out the iron nails and still find coins next to iron.
I search for coins like this small gold celtic coin

Hi Les, thank you for the great word and yes things can vary quite a bit. I disc. at about 3 but I can set sens. into the boost or red zone a lot of the time. That is probably why I find the little .22 shell casings at around 8 inches. I had a dime buried face up at 7 inches and could see that pretty well.

Nugget 71 it is probably the soil we have out here. I know all soil has mineralization in it but ours is extremely mild. But it can get pretty trashy too. I need to try the new 575 coil on the Lobo to see what it can doo. For me I have no doubt about the capability of Tesoro detectors! I see the Golden is being advertised in a large ad in WET.

Ok Les CU later and 71 takecare. Gd Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET:tesoro::csflag::tesoro::csflag::tesoro:
John's Detectors