Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little slow here folks :look: ..............

Wayne in BC

one finger typing cause i lost a knife fight with some veggies and gashed my hand below my thumb, 2-1/2" long and right to the bone. Down a quart by the time i decided to go the Doc 2 hours later. Typical stupid stubborn me, i messed about with butterfly sutures and couldn't stop the leak.

No needles for pain i said and he said good! Quicker that way cause he was on his way home when i came in. Then i lied and said i had a tetanus shot a few months back, did i mention i hate needles? Well i am dumber than i thought cause all those stitches inside and outside hurt way bloody more than a couple pain shots!!! Outfoxed myself again [attachment 117054 Homer.png]

No infection problem cause i had just washed and bleached the dishes, cutlery, and counter tops before i started, thus the lie about tetanus shot seemed safe;)

All kinda ironic cause i purely detest dull knives and had just sharpened that sucker to shaving edge quality before i started on the salad ......but what the hell, i needed sumpthin to take my mind off my problems :biggrin:
Sooooo....will spend the next several days with my (left thankfully) arm in the air and have to check in with him tomorrow. Didja ever try to haul in firewood with one arm? Takes quite a few trips for a days worth at a couple at a time. Doc said no lifting and no work! I said ok Doc, i'll be good i promise;) He said, you better cause if it starts bleeding again you could have a much bigger problem.....what does that rich booger know about folks who can't afford gas or oil heat :rolleyes:

I think i will pout and mope for a while, i need it and damn deserve the opportunity!:yo::drinking:

n/t

I to like sharp knives and the wounds from a slip usually are deep. Glad you got it taken care of. Because of the horse and animals around here I try to keep wounds clean as I can. The old one arm wood hauling takes a lot of the fun out of it for sure. To many trips that way and I usually manage to drop one on my foot. The Bursitis forces me to the one arm trick. then a week of that and the back on that side is gone. Gotta love these golden years huh..... Hope they get these new gene theraphys working fast. Got a lot of parts here that are not working right anymore. Your right, you earned the right to pout and mope. I, still working on earning the right to, but I do it anyhow.

Hope you heal fast Wayne......

Quick update, more snow yesterday and last night. its up to 20 now so I'm headed out to start the tractor and get plowing. The fun went out of this hobby about 3 weeks ago.

George-CT

n/t

those deep cuts get real sore after a bit.hey,you didn't deserve it,its just the regret and anger you feel because you let it happen.sometimes the stitches make it even more sore.hope you heal up fast:thumbup:

mad as heck at myself!:biggrin:
And now if i ever see Royal i will have to watch cause he will have a big horse needle to spook me with! :surrender: that big bully;)

is Alice doing better? I would feel better over your way cause even picking up goodies with one hand is way better than settin here on a puter! My eyes are kinda poor tho but the old Garret would still do fine compared to that old Whites that the bully uses:razz::lol:

That won't happen any time soon but daydreams are nice:thumbup:

we got a bit of a thaw happening here finally, that helps the mood! I figure some of our friends here are still froze up, cept maybe our Texas and Arkansas crew, they still gotta put up with that warm weather;)

i do think that the wood cutting, splitting , hauling etc keeps us more mobile than we would like to admit. It became a chore a few years back but probably still good for us.
Is your winter unusually cold and snowy, or just normal?

its stayed on the ground so long with no melting. We never had a January thaw like we usually do. Still 6 weeks to go before we can compare it last years snow fall and amount of temps below freezing. January was pretty steady cold, with only about 2 days about freezing here. No melting on the ground as even when it did get up there or just nice sun, it was windy.

We lucked out last night and only got the edge of the nor-easter. About 4 inches here. Single numbers tonight and below zero perhaps tomorrow night then there seems to be a warming trend coming in. I'm all for that so this stuff goes away easy rather than a 2 inch rain over it, so it runs in the barn and washes the driveway. Nice warm up will let it go easy.... I tried to open the paddocks today around the barn, but all ice, so I just left the snow on them.... Don't need any horses with broken legs.

I agree with you, The wood program is good for us for staying in some kind of shape.. Sure warms enough times before it gets in the stove.... Hard on the wild animals this year with all the ice. I see the whitetails out there today, eating the hemlocks as high as they can reach standing on their hind legs...... Even so, the still look in good shape and no limpers in that group

Geo-CT

cannot remember a year when it was so cold for so long! Almost never goes a week here in winter that we don't have a thaw to take the snow away when we rarely get it.

n/t

There are some days, I would just like to chuck it all in and quit. :): Cannot do that yet though. God gave me only so much time to accomplish just so much. I am so far behind I am never going to die.

fair winds

Mikie

i am behaving mostly, second guessing the Doc a bit but i think they build in a bit of room for error...i hope:biggrin:
How are you doing?

n/t

surgery will be! Hopefully soon after I see him. It's been a pretty crummy week, but I know things could be worse, so I shall quit whining now! :)

just a moments inattention, you too huh? Mostly i am careful but sometimes a memory refresh is good if it isn't deadly:spin:
A week to go and i can dread the removal of the stitches, UGH, whine :biggrin: