Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

little kittens

david(tx)

well,i had to to through a little ritual that's developed,somebody dumps strays on my mom and i help her get rid of them.saturday night,the 3rd of the month someone dumped 4 kittens about i'm guessing 3 months old.

when i saw them two were stand offish and the other two were real affectionate and friendly little cats.the next day the 2 standoffish ones were gone and didn't return.i told her i'd just shoot the other two because if you take them to a pound they just euthanize them anyway because cats are a dime a dozen and no one comes and gets them.she didn't want me to do that and neither did i but these a-holes that dump these animals on you are cowards of the first degree in my book.

she had them since saturday and today i called the city pound over at canton,tx because they will take animals from people who don't live in the city or county for a fee.the local towns around here won't take any from outside the cities.

cost my mom thirty bucks to have them take them in.found out from a worker there that after they have the famous canton trade days flea market on the first weekend of the month that he gets animals dumped on him where he lives in the country almost every time the have the flea market.

people take animals there to sell then dump them on people in the country when they can't sell them.i think they should make it mandatory jail time anytime someone gets caught doing this.i'd like to take a hard stick to their legs and shins then work'em over with a pair of pliars.ah,i feel better.

next time i'm just going to get my 22 and save my mom some of her social security as much as i hate to do it,i didn't like taking them to the pound because they were nice little cats but you can't keep all of them.

we used to get kittens dropped on us ALL the time. We eventually worked out a deal with a local vet. We would take the kittens over to him to get checked out. Any that were, in any way, going to have problems, he euthanized. The others we took back to the store and either sold [for a very minimal fee] or gave away.

Then we talked up the vet and advertised for him. It seemed to work out well. We found homes for hundreds of kittens; they were all certified healthy, and he got more business and gave a break on the neutering and vet bills. And we got to sell cat food.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

the guy at the pound said they do give quite a few cats away,i'm sure it has to do with their disposition.

people were dumping off kittens every spring on the road near our barn. We had two slut female cats in the barn that must have been the farm hookers because they were always pregnant. We had kittens all over the place.

Many were what I referred to as "Stompers" They would leave the nest in the hay and get around the horses feet in the standing stalls. The horse would think they were a fly I guess and thus their names. Little Frisbees were to be found.

I decided to put an ad in the paper for kittens and I never had a problem after that. Every kitten found a home for the rest of the time I lived with that crazy sucker.

I should not refer to the calico cat as a slut I guess as I found out she was blind and I guess the neighborhood tom cats found her to be rather easy.

I had one woman come in to get a kitten for her three little kids and take three home with her. I always thought she was too stupid to have kids but the kids were happy. So was I :clap::clap:

she had four from a momma cat that the previous owners of her house left behind,the other three got run over on the hiway.i figured these others would too.

i don't like getting attached to pets i know i'm not going to keep.they were cute little boogers, but you kind of have to block that out or you'll end up like some crazy person with cats everywhere.

i guess if your going to keep pets you just have to accept they aren't going to last long.

i guess the horse's were just natures way of taking care of the cat population.

You never hear of anyone caught in the act either...if caught, they should really be made to pay the price for dumping the animal. Kelley (Texas) :)