Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Listen for the Bell

Arkie John

Just across the road and down the way from our home is a field, with two horses in it. Sometimes there are more, but always...there are at least two.

From a distance, each looks like every other horse. But if you observe closely you will notice something quite amazing.

Looking into the eyes of one horse will tell you that he is surely blind. His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him. This alone is pretty amazing.

If nearby and listening, you will also hear the sound of a bell.
Looking around for the source of the sound, you will see that it comes
from the smaller horse in the field.

Attached to her halter is a small bell--like a sleigh bell. It lets her blind buddy know where she is, so he can follow her.

As you stand and watch these two friends, you'll see how she is always
checking on him, and that he will listen for her bell and then slowly
walk to where she is, trusting that she will not lead him astray. When
she returns to the shelter of the barn each evening, she stops
occasionally and looks back, making sure her friend isn't too far behind to hear the bell.

Like the owners of these two horses, God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect or because we have problems or challenges. He watches over us and even brings others into our lives to help us when we are in need.

Sometimes we are the blind horse being guided by the little ringing bell of those who God places in our lives. Other times we are the guide horse, helping others see.

The story of the horses is a good analogy of true friendship......... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there. This forum is certainly like this.

So, please listen for my bell from time to time and I'll listen for yours. When the weather gets threatening, it's never far to the barn.

He calls us all, as well...so listen and follow to receive His greatest gift. <><

aj

Psalms 71

It is a nasty day, wet and cold. Just above freezing. I have not heard any shots but I have not been out.

Lots of turkey this year. You get yours yet?

Good luck in the woods.

electricity get knocked out there very often in the winter time?,seems with all the snow that tree limbs would fall on power lines on a regular basis,if we have ice storms it usually happens here.

the snow is not usually a problem but the ice storms can put us in the dark too.

I have a generator

If my luck doesn't change, this thanksgiving will be the first one that a wild turkey hasn't graced our table in about 18 years.

I have plenty of deer though! :biggrin:

aj

n/t

And very comforting as well. I can't think of a group of people whose bell's would give me cause to listen than this group here.:)

Thanks for this reminder Arkie! We never know how the simplist thing will affect someone else's life.

Dave

Thanks for giving us something to think about......everyone is special in some way 'cause God don't make no junk! Good to hear from you .