Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Like Nature?

Ron J

Next to my yard,is a stream,that constantly flows fresh water,into the Saltwater.The Canadian Geese,and Mallards know this,and usually flock in this area.Occasionally we have Swans here also. We feed them often with left over bread. When i go out there,you might see one or two Seagulls. Once you throw one piece of bread,all of a sudden there are dozens of Gulls! I don't know if they cell phone each other or what,but it only takes seconds for them to show up! I usually throw a muffin or a slice of bread away from the ducks.The Gulls go after it,then i throw handfulls of pieces of bread to the ducks,otherwise they wouldn't get much. Those gulls will dive right into the ducks,to steal any crumbs! You should see those gulls slipping on the ice,after the pieces! [attachment 48557 nahant037.jpg][attachment 48558 nahant041.jpg][attachment 48559 nahant040.jpg][attachment 48560 nahant045.jpg]

I love the pictures of the ducks, but I thought that they went South for the winter?

I use to go down to Mustang Island when my folks lived in Portland, Texas which is across the bay from Corpus Christi, Texas. I loved to throw pieces of bread up in the air and watch the Sea Gulls catch them. Once they show up for the bread it is very difficult to get rid of them while you eat your picnic meal.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the ducks and sharing with the Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

n/t

down to my pound, just to watch those big old catfish surface to eat. The grandkids get a real kick out of it. We built our ducks a floating island, that is anchored in the middle. But the dang neighborhood dogs still got to them! I only have the one duck in the chicken pen right now, but I know if I let him out, he's toast! I love the mallards coloring, and could sit and watch them for hours!

Great photos! :)

was while I was working for VDOT. We were out setting guardrails around Lake Fairlee and there was a place where a feeder brook emptied into the lake. The water had a thin layer of clear ice on it. A small flock of ducks circled around and came in to land in the water(ice). When they tried to land, they all took off like rockets and piled up on the shore. Dang near laughed myself silly!

Dave