Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lighthouse's Plum Island Massachusetts #3

Ron J

[attachment 46292 PlumIsland014.jpg]Thers is only one way on/off Plum Island. Its a Sandy peninsula,quite populated,and is ALL beach! Used to be summer cottages,but been year round residences,as long as i've been visiting. Here is the old Life Saving Station,now used by the C.G.Auxilary. I beleive the Station has been here,since the late 1800's. The lighthouse is about a 100 yards back, and has a green light. The Duck,used to belong to the station.I remember seeing it there,as a small kid,while sightseeing with my Father,in the fifties. Appears is owned privately,and loaded with seats.Maybe for parades? [attachment 46293 PlumIsland015.jpg][attachment 46294 PlumIsland020.jpg][attachment 46295 PlumIsland021.jpg][attachment 46296 PlumIsland022.jpg] Enjoy!

Use to see them at Watch Hill, RI all the time after the war as a kid. They always seemed pretty practical to me. I'd still like to have one.

George-Ct

wonder if the railroad was a company railroad?,looks to be narrow guage,maybe used to haul something used everyday like coal or something.is that granite stone being used for the bridge,couldn't tell if those beams are cut rock or cast concrete.

noticed the coast guard boat with the little cabin,it was red,looked almost inflatable with at least two outboards,pretty neat looking boat,would be nice to have on the lake:biggrin:.

building those DUCK's, that landing craft. She might have worked on that one.

Interesting area you live in!!

Pretty Cool I just saw one of those in Santa Barbarba,Ca a few weeks ago.

2lj2wdi.jpg

And the lighthouses are always one of the earliest historical landmarks. If they could talk, I can just imagine the stories they could tell. Another excellent history lesson Ron. I'm on to the next one !:clap: